PERRYSBURG — The city will begin its fall leaf collection on Monday.
City crews will begin collection on the east side and work their way west. City crews will collect leaves several times.
·A final sweep will commence on Nov. 28. A supervisor will follow the crews to ensure all leaves are collected.
Leaves put out once crews have been by on the final sweep will not be picked up.
This is a leaf pick up only.
Residents are reminded to do the following:
· Rake leaves to the right-of-way, the area near the curb/edge of street, but NOT in the street and no further than 6 feet from curb.
· Keep the storm drains clear of leaf debris. If you have a storm drain in front of your home, remove the leaf debris and add it to your leaf pile.
· Inform your landscape company to refrain from blowing leaves into the street when mowing the lawn.
Residents are reminded to not do the following:
· Do not rake leaves into the street and no further than six feet from the curb.
· Do not bag leaves as city crews use trailer-mounted leaf vacuums.
· Please refrain from piling leaves near mailboxes.
· Do not park in front of or on any leaf piles as it is difficult to maneuver the hoses around parked cars.
· For residents who live along a ditch or creek, do not rake leaves to the bank or into the waterway.
· Do not mix branches and other debris with the leaf piles because crews will leave the entire pile and then the resident is responsible for the disposal.
· Do not pile leaves in the alleys; there is no leaf pick up in alleys.
Additional disposal options:
Renewed outdoors is available year round for leaf and brush disposal for city residents at no additional cost.
Residents may purchase yard waste disposal tags to utilize the curbside collection and disposal when needed.
Residents may also hire a private company for removal of leaves.
For more information, visit ci.perrysburg.oh.us) or contact the department of public service at 419-872-8020.