Local Briefs


Fostoria residents face drug charges, home condemned

FOSTORIA — Three city residents were charged with drug crimes after police executed a search warrant on Thursday at a South Wood Street residence.

Daywayne Chancey, 42, was charged with possession of a controlled substance analog (fentanyl) and possession of criminal tools. Sandra Mason, 38, was charged with possession of a drug abuse instrument and Calvin Chancey, 61, was charged with permitting drug abuse.

Lyle St. Clair, 41, Fostoria, was arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Sandusky County.

The Seneca County Drug Task Force-METRICH Enforcement Unit, along with officers from the Fostoria Police Division, Tiffin Police Department and Ohio National Guard Counter Drug Program, and deputies from the Seneca County Emergency Response Team executed the search warrant.

Also, the fire division, zoning office and county health district deemed the property a health and safety hazard. A dog was removed from the home.

“This property has been problematic for quite some time,” said Fostoria Chief Gabe Wedge. “After an extensive, time-consuming investigation, we are pleased to be able to address our citizens’ complaints. We are going to continue to take an aggressive approach to identify and pursue these nuisance properties, rental or owned. These investigations, although very demanding, are paramount in improving the quality of life in our community.”


Hazardous weather outlook: Active weather is expected at the end of the week. Widespread cold temperatures and gusty winds are expected, and wind chills below zero are possible. Widespread snow accumulations are also possible.

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 5 to 9 mph.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Light and variable wind.

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the morning. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 24.

Extended: Mostly cloudy Wednesday, with a high near 31. A chance of snow after 1 a.m. Cloudy at night, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Rain and snow likely Thursday. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Rain and snow at night, becoming all snow after 1 a.m. Low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 80%. A chance of snow Friday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 50%. A chance of snow at night. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Mostly cloudy and cold Saturday, with a high near 10. Breezy.

No posts to display