Bridge projects will close county roads
The Wood County Engineer’s Office has two bridge replacement projects which are scheduled to begin on March 20. Both projects are estimated to take eight weeks to complete.
Long Judson Road over ditch 2426, located at the intersection of Liberty Hi Road in Plain Township, will be closed to traffic. Liberty Hi will have traffic signals controlling single lane two-way traffic.
Rudolph Road over Ditch 2267, located at the intersection of Portage Road in Liberty Township, will be closed to traffic. Portage Road will have traffic signals controlling single lane two way traffic.
Pemberville showcases student art
PEMBERVILLE — For the Love of Art, a show featuring local schools, is open today through Monday at the opera house.
There were 307 entries from students at Bowling Green, Eastwood, Fostoria, Lakota, Woodmore, Genoa and Toledo School for the Arts.
Artist Emmanuel Enriquez was judge.
Admission is free. Hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. today and Monday and noon-4 p.m. on Sunday.
Local winners were Hannah Castor a senior at Bowling Green for the ceramic work “Never Trust a Skinny Cook,” third place, and Evelynn Hall, a senior at Eastwood for the ceramic “Fruity Loops,” fourth place.
BG trash pickup delayed due to holiday
The offices of the City of Bowling Green will be closed on Monday in observance of Presidents’ Day.
This is the refuse/recycling collection for the week:
Regular Monday collection will be collected Tuesday, regular Tuesday collection will be collected Wednesday, regular Wednesday collection will be collected Thursday, regular Thursday collection will be collected Friday.
Any questions may be directed to the public works department at 419-354-6227.
BG teacher talks to Kiwanis Club
The Bowling Green Kiwanis will meet Thursday at the Wood County Senior Center, 140 S Grove St. The public is welcome to attend. The meeting starts at noon and lunch is available starting at 11:30 a.m.
Speaker Jeff Nichols will discuss Rewards and Challenges of Teaching High School Government. Nichols is originally from Belmont County, Ohio. He attended Ohio State University on a full academic scholarship. He was hired in June of 1991 at Bowling Green High School as the ninth-grade civics instructor. Nichols was an assistant varsity football coach from 1992 to 2020 and was the head girls’ basketball coach from 2002-19. He finished his tenure with the girls’ basketball team with the most wins in program history. He has taught American Government and AP Government and Politics since 2001 at the high school. Nichols has a master’s degree from Marygrove College and has earned 30 additional educational hours past his master’s during his career. He has also served as Bowling Green Education Association President since 2000. Jeff lives in Bowling Green with his wife, Kisha, who is a second-grade teacher at Kenwood Elementary. He has twin daughters, Ally and Lexie.
The Bowling Green Kiwanis Club is dedicated to improving the lives of children in the Bowling Green community. For more information, go to www.kiwanisbg.org.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 45. Breezy, with a southwest wind 13 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
Tonight: Increasing clouds, with a low around 34. Southwest wind around 11 mph.
Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Southwest wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 37.
Extended: Mostly cloudy Monday, with a high near 43. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 33. A chance of showers after 1 p.m. Tuesday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 33. A chance of rain and snow on Wednesday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Showers likely at night. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%. A chance of showers Thursday. Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 40%.