Local Briefs


No home-delivered meals, senior centers closed due to weather

With the winter storm warning issued through tonight, the Wood County Committee on Aging will not deliver home delivered meals today.

This decision is made for the safety of seniors, the volunteers who deliver meals throughout Wood County and drivers, according to a Tuesday press release. A total of 27 routes are delivered Monday through Friday, serving more than 575 homebound seniors daily.

Earlier this week in anticipation of the storm, additional frozen and shelf-stable meals were delivered to home-delivered meal participants requesting a supplemental meal for this weather situation. Additionally, all home-delivered meal clients were provided two shelf-stable meals in October.

All home-delivered meal participants will receive a phone call from WCCOA this morning to verify their safety and wellness.

While all Wood County seniors centers will be closed to the public, staff will be reporting for work.

Call the Wood County Committee on Aging at 419-353-5661 or 800-367-4935 for additional information.

BG school board holds special meeting

The Bowling Green City Schools Board of Education will hold a special executive session meeting tonight at 5:30 to consider the appointment, employment, dismissal, discipline, promotion, demotion or compensation of a public employee.

No action will be taken.

The meeting will be held at the administrative offices, 137 Clough St.

Ghanbari appointed to Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission

COLUMBUS – State Rep. Haraz Ghanbari, R-Perrysburg, was recently appointed to serve on the Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission.

“The Ohio Turnpike is nationally recognized as a vital commerce corridor and is an essential element of our state’s prosperity,” Ghanbari said in a press release. “My commitment is steadfast to improving our infrastructure and strengthening economic development here in Northwest Ohio and more broadly across our great state.”

Ghanbari previously served the last two years on the commission and also served on the House Transportation and Public Safety Committee.

The Ohio Turnpike is a 241-mile toll road for motorists to reach east/west destinations along the northern corridor of Ohio.

Wood County Historical Society announces 2023 board members

The Wood County Museum and Wood County Historical Society has announced its newest members to the board of directors.

Roger Grant is a retired educational administrator who has worked at a number of universities, including the University of Washington and Bowling Green State University, and has extensive experience in higher education.

Todd Waggoner is a retired professor and associate dean from BGSU.

David Hollinger and Brenda Ransom were reappointed to the board.

The 2023 board also consists of Lois Bowlus, Michael Ginnetti, Sandy Gill, Scott Gross, Becky Mancuso, Erika Miklovic. Wood County Commissioner appointees are Gordon Bowman, Julie Baumgardner and David Steiner, and Wood County Park District appointees are Frank Butwin and Corinne Gordon.

Out-going board members are Hal Brown and Denise Brennan.

The Board of the Wood County Historical Society consists of 15 members: three appointed by the Board of Wood County Commissioners, two appointed by the Wood County Park District and 10 elected by the membership annually.

Anyone interested in serving on the board should contact the museum at 419-352-09067 or submit a board application available at woodcountyhistory.org.


Hazardous weather outlook: A winter storm warning remains in effect until 11 p.m. Heavy snow is expected with total snow accumulations of 5 to 8 inches. Heavy snow will overspread the area early this morning through the afternoon. Snow may transition to a wintry mix briefly this afternoon before transitioning back to snow tonight. The heaviest snow is expected this morning when snow rates of up to 1 inch per hour can be expected.

Tonight: Snow likely, possibly mixed with rain, becoming all snow after 8 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 29. West wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday: A chance of snow . Cloudy, with a high near 31. West wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible. A slight chance of snow before 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Extended: Cloudy Friday, with a high near 32. Breezy. A chance of rain and snow before 1 a.m. Cloudy at night, with a low around 29. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Cloudy Saturday, with a high near 34. A chance of snow showers after 1 a.m. Cloudy at night, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%. A chance of snow Sunday. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%. A chance of snow at night. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Mostly cloudy Monday, with a high near 24.

No posts to display