Local Briefs

Get a tour, see patrol car at BG post

The Bowling Green post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol will host an open house and recruitment event on Wednesday from 2-6 p.m.

The post will be open for tours. Look at patrol cars and the Corvette. Santa and the Grinch will be available for pictures.

A helicopter from the aviation unit (weather permitting) and troopers from specialty units will be there. Troopers and dispatchers will be available to talk about careers with the patrol.

The patrol is located at 12891 Middleton Pike.

No BG school board meeting in December

The Bowling Green City Schools Board of Education will not hold the Thursday regular board meeting, which was adopted as an “as needed” meeting at the beginning of the year.

Food distribution held in Wayne

WAYNE — The monthly food distribution for the Wayne area will be held Thursday from 9-10 a.m. at the Wayne Fire Hall, 200 N. Center St. The food distribution is for those in the 43466 zip code.

Kiwanis Club hears from Mowen about historic preservation

The Kiwanis Club will meet on Thursday at the Wood County Senior Center, 140 S. Grove St. The public is welcome to attend. The meeting starts at noon and lunch is available starting at 11:30 a.m.

Chris Mowen will speak on the historic preservation in Bowling Green. Mowen is an architect at Thomas Porter Architects in Toledo. She is chair of the Bowling Green Historic Preservation Commission, of which she has been a member since 2020. Mowen graduated from Montana State University with her Masters in Architecture degree in 2009.

For more information, go to www.kiwanisbg.org.

Births

Ashley Carter and Duane Hieber Jr., a daughter, Dec. 10, Wood County Hospital.

Dayna and Camden Carsey, a son, Dec. 9, Wood County Hospital.

Becca and Jacob Schwiefert, a son, Dec. 9, Wood County Hospital.

Samantha Tiell and Brandon Whitacre, a daughter, Dec. 7, Wood County Hospital.

Chelsea and Benjamin Wagner, a daughter, Dec. 7, Wood County Hospital.

Kayla and Brandon Fagan, a daughter, Dec. 7, Wood County Hospital.

Forecast

Tonight: A slight chance of snow after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday: Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 10 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 41. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Showers at night. Low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Extended: Showers likely, mainly before 1 p.m. Thursday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 70%. A chance of showers before 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%. A chance of snow before 1 p.m. Friday, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%. A chance of snow before 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Mostly cloudy Saturday, with a high near 32. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 22. Partly sunny Sunday, with a high near 30.