Local Briefs


59 coronavirus cases reported in last week

There have been 36,444 coronavirus cases in Wood County, according to a Thursday Ohio Department of Health update.

There have been 59 cases in the last seven days.

There have been 379 deaths in Wood County since March 2020, according to the Ohio Department of Health. There have been 1,155 hospitalizations since March 2020.

Statewide, there are 3,153,743 confirmed cases and 39,950 confirmed deaths.

Lake school board has special meeting

MILLBURY — The Lake Local Schools Board of Education will have a special meeting to consider the resignation of a public employee on Tuesday at 5 p.m. in the middle school media center.

The board will likely go into executive session.

BG Electric Division receives recognition

The City of Bowling Green was honored for achievements throughout the past year during the 2022 American Municipal Power Annual Conference.

The Bowling Green Electric Division received an AMP Safety Award—Transmission and Distribution in recognition of having no time lost due to reportable accidents.

“Safety is a priority at AMP, and we commend the efforts of our members and congratulate Bowling Green Electric Division and all those who were recognized for their achievements,” said Michelle Palmer, AMP vice president of technical services and compliance.

Bowling Green also received a Mutual Aid Commendation in recognition of providing mutual aid assistance within the past year to the City of Coldwater and the Village of Haskins. Mutual aid is one of the most important aspects of AMP membership, as it ensures that assistance is available when it is needed most, according to a press release.

Additionally, the City of Bowling Green was re-elected to represent the Northwest AMP Service Group on the AMP Board of Trustees for a three-year term. Brian O’Connell, PE, director of utilities, represents Bowling Green on the AMP Board.

The AMP Annual Conference took place Sept. 26-28 in Columbus, Ohio, and offered a virtual option for remote attendees. The organization’s premier event featured presentations and panel discussions by industry experts and speakers from AMP partner organizations.

BG councilwoman talks to Rotary Club

The Bowling Green Rotary Club guest speaker on Thursday will be Bowling Green Councilwoman Rachel Phipps, who is in her second term as 3rd ward council member. She will discuss the city’s efforts to update the zoning code.

The club meets at noon at Bowling Green Country Club.


A freeze watch is in effect from late tonight through Saturday morning.

Today: Widespread frost, mainly before 9 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 57. Light west wind increasing to 9 to 14 mph in the morning.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 38. Southwest wind around 8 mph.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 64. West wind 9 to 14 mph. Partly cloudy at night, with a low around 43.

Extended: Mostly sunny Monday, with a high near 65. Mostly clear at night, with a low around 43. Sunny Tuesday, with a high near 70. Partly cloudy at night, with a low around 53. A chance of showers Wednesday. Partly sunny, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 30%. A chance of showers at night. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 40%. A chance of showers Thursday. Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

No posts to display