Walbridge apartment uninhabitable after Tuesday fire; no one injured


WALBRIDGE – The American Red Cross was called in to assist following a fire at an apartment complex in
the village Tuesday morning.
Northwood fire crews were called to the Walbridge Apartments, 505 N. Main St., on the report of an
apartment fire around 10:30 a.m. Lake Township Fire also responded for mutual aid.
Speaking this morning, Lake Township Fire Chief Bruce Moritz said that upon the arrival of units to the
scene, "we had slight smoke showing from a division two apartment, which is a second story
apartment. Crews made entry. Upon entry they found a small fire in the kitchen above the stove."

No one was home at the time, and the fire was extinguished. Crews checked the residence for any extension
of the fire, and returned to service.
Moritz confirmed that people nearby were alerted to the fir e by a smoke alarm going off in the apartment
and called fire crews. No injuries were reported.
Moritz estimated damage to the apartment at $40,000; no other units were affected.
He indicated the Red Cross was called and they were on scene Tuesday to potentially assist the residents.

The incident was among more than 14 calls for service that Northwood Fire has responded to this week,
according to the department’s Facebook page.

No posts to display