One evacuated after cooking fire on Merry


Firefighters ventilated an apartment after a reported stove fire early Friday.
Report of the incident was made at 2:15 a.m. A smoke detector going off in an apartment at 522 E. Merry
Ave. was reported by neighbors.
Upon arriving on-scene, firefighters were let into the residence by a resident, who was just returning
home from work. The smoke detector was sounding and light-colored smoke was observed in the apartment.

A resident was found sleeping in a bedroom and was awakened and evacuated.
Burned food was found in the oven, and the apartment was ventilated with an electric fan.

No posts to display