Local briefs


BG board discusses superintendent candidates

The Bowling GreenCity Schools Board of Education will hold a special meeting at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Administrative Offices, 137 Clough St.

The board will immediately go into executive session to meet with the Ohio School Boards Association search facilitator to proceed with the superintendent search/discuss personnel employment.

No action is expected to be taken.

Memphis player pleads not guilty to assault

A Memphis basketball player is due in court later this month after she allegedly punched a Bowling Green State University player in the face after a game.

On March 23, following the Memphis vs. Bowling Green State University women’s basketball game, Memphis player Jamirah Shutes was charged with one count of assault, a first-degree misdemeanor.

She could face up to 180 days in jail and up to $1,000 fine, according to Bowling Green City Prosecutor Alyssa Blackburn.

Shutes waived her arraignment scheduled for Wednesday and entered a plea of not guilty.

This case is set for April 24 at 8:30 a.m. for a pretrial conference, Blackburn said.

BG city meetings planned

The Sidewalk Commission will meet Wednesday at 5 p.m.

The Human Relations Commission will meet on Friday at 8 a.m.

The Revolving Loan Fund Committee is scheduled to meet April 10 at 1 p.m.

All meetings are in the city building, 304 N. Church St.

Baked steak served in Bradner

BRADNER — The Bradner American Legion’s baked steak dinner will be served Sunday at the post, 209 W. Crocker St. Call in orders to 419-288-3634 for early pick-up, or stop by and eat at the post.

The menu includes green beans, mashed potatoes with or without gravy, dessert and a drink. Cost is $10. Serving starts at 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. or they run out.


Hazardous weather outlook: A wind advisory is in effect until 4 this afternoon. Southwest winds will be 20-30 mph, with gusts up to 50 mph expected. Brief wind gusts to 45 mph are possible between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. ahead of an approaching cold front. Thunderstorms in that window may produce locally higher gusts.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 9 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 51. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Partly cloudy at night, with a low around 44.

Extended: A chance of showers after 2 p.m. Monday. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Showers likely, mainly after 8 p.m. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 49. Chance of precipitation is 70%. A chance of showers Tuesday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Showers likely at night. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 70%. A chance of showers Wednesday. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 50%. A chance of showers at night. Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Mostly sunny Thursday, with a high near 53.


Real estate transfer

The following real estate transfer made on March 20, as reported on Wednesday, should be: 0 Defiance Pike, Milton Township, agricultural, 124.59 acres, from Deborah Codeluppi and Diane Eisel, trustees, to Tim and Marty Behrman, $1,183,605.

No posts to display