71 coronavirus cases reported in last week
There have been 36,971 coronavirus cases in Wood County, according to a Thursday Ohio Department of Health update.
There have been 71 cases in the last seven days, according to a Thursday Wood County Health Department.
There have been 54 cases per 100,000 in the last seven days. There have been four hospitalizations in the last seven days. The test positivity rate is 7%. There is a low COVID rate in the community, according to the health department.
There have been 384 deaths in Wood County since March 2020, according to the Ohio Department of Health. There have been 1,165 hospitalizations since March 2020.
Statewide, there are 3,218,335 confirmed cases and 40,911 confirmed deaths.
Way library hosts Evening of Strings concert
PERRYSBURG — Way Public Library welcomes Perrysburg High School Orchestra students, under the direction of Michael Smith tonight at 7 for an Evening of Strings Concert. The orchestra will present an evening of string chamber music featuring musical selections from Baroque, classical, rock and pop genres.
Admission is free and open to the public. For more information about the program, visit waylibrary.info or call 419-874-3135 ext. 119.
Show Me the Movie features ‘Downton Abbey: A New Era’
PERRYSBURG — Join the Way Public Library on Tuesday at 2 p.m. for a showing of “Downton Abbey: A New Era at Way Library.” This follow-up to the 2019 film will see the cast heading to the south of France for new mysteries and adventure. The film is rated PG and has a runtime of 2 hours and 5 minutes.
This program is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served. Seating is limited. Show Me the Movie Contemporary Film Series is sponsored by Skotynsky Financial Group. For more information, visit waylibrary.info or call 419-874-3135 ext. 119.
Come drum with the circle
A Community Drum Circle is set for Sunday from 5-6 p.m. at the Maumee Valley UU Congregation, 20189 N. Dixie Hwy.
All ages and experience levels are welcome. Bring an instrument, or borrow one from the group. The goal is to have fun and create musical rhythms and sounds together.
For more information, contact Lynn Israel at 419-376-7370 or [email protected]
Trash pickup changes in BG, due to holiday
The offices of the City of Bowling Green will be closed on Thursday and Friday in observance of Thanksgiving.
The following schedule will be followed for refuse/recycling collection next week:
Regular Monday collection will be collected Monday, regular Tuesday collection will be collected Tuesday, regular Wednesday collection will be collected Wednesday, and regular Thursday collection will be collected Wednesday.
Any questions regarding the above schedule may be directed to the public works department at 419-354-6227.
BG Historic Preservation Commission meets
The City of Bowling Green Historic Preservation Commission will meet on Tuesday at 4 p.m. in the City Administrative Services Building, third floor conference room, 304 N. Church St. For more information, call the planning department at 419-354-6218.
Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.
Tonight: A slight chance of snow before 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Breezy, with a west wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Partly cloudy at night, with a low around 22. Southwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Extended: Sunny Monday, with a high near 44. Mostly clear at night, with a low around 27. Sunny on Tuesday, with a high near 47. Partly cloudy at night, with a low around 31. Partly sunny Wednesday, with a high near 46. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 32. A chance of showers on Thanksgiving Day. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%. A chance of rain and snow at night. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%. A chance of rain and snow Friday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 30%.