|Cocaine possession sends man to prison|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Saturday, 23 November 2013 18:20|
One man was sentenced to 11 years in prison for a drug offense in Wood County Court earlier this month.
Rafael Gonzales, 55, who is now listed at the Wood County jail, received the sentence after he was convicted in a jury trial held Nov. 5-6 in the courtroom of Judge Reeve Kelsey.
He was convicted of possession of cocaine, a first-degree felony, with a major drug offender specification.
Gonzales was among two dozen people arrested in July following a three-county sweep of a major drug ring. He was one of two Wood County residents arrested.
According to the state Attorney General's Office, Gonzales and another man had at least 139 grams of cocaine.
In addition to his prison term, Gonzales is to pay a $15,000 fine. The monies are to be disbursed from the Wood County Clerk of Court to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
Other people recently sentenced to prison include:
• Jeffrey Bostic, 37, Columbus, sentenced to six months after pleading guilty to receiving stolen property.
• David Engelhardt II, 49, Perrysburg, sentenced to nine months after pleading guilty to breaking and entering.
• Edwardo Flores III, 26, Toledo, sentenced to 21 months after pleading guilty to two counts of possession of heroin and one count of forgery.
• Christopher Holloway, 27, Harrison Township, Mich., sentenced to 36 months after pleading guilty to possession of cocaine, attempted possession of heroin, and failure to appear as required by recognizance.
• Randolph Kinder, 45, Deshler, sentenced to 17 months after pleading guilty to two counts of trafficking in heroin.
• Simyon Minion, 30, Frankfurt, Ky., sentenced to 95 months - just shy of eight years - in prison, and a $15,500 fine after pleading guilty to aggravated trafficking in drugs and two counts of aggravated possession of drugs.
• Alexander Nuzum, 24, Bowling Green, sentenced to one year after pleading guilty to attempted robbery.
• Ryan Parks, 31, Toledo, sentenced to 15 months after pleading guilty to possession of drugs and failure to appear as required by recognizance.
• Jeffrey Toth, 56, Walbridge, sentenced to eight months after pleading guilty to a charge of possession of heroin.
• Angela Widmer, 33, Gibsonburg, sentenced to 17 months after pleading guilty to a charge of possession of cocaine and failure to appear as required by recognizance.
Front Page Stories
|'Actors' lap up stardom
04/19/2014 | DAVID DUPONT Sentinel Arts & Entertainment Editor
Margot (performed by Madison Zavitz) interacts with Bruiser (performed by Nugget). (Enoc [ ... ]
|Elmwood graduate Trevor Lee shares his Yosemite experience|
04/19/2014 | JORDAN CRAVENS Sentinel Staff Writer
Trevor Lee has traveled to 40 states, and most recently spent 10 months at Yosemite Nati [ ... ]