Kennedy White was in the right spot at the right time for Bowling Green’s women’s soccer team Thursday evening.

A freshman, White scored with 59 seconds remaining in the second overtime as the Falcons defeated Central Michigan, 3-2.

Bowling Green remains undefeated in Mid-American Conference play at 5-0 and are 7-4-2 overall. The Falcons have gone undefeated at Cochrane Field for their last 16 games, going 14-0-2.

White got the opportunity to score after Sarah Allen’s shot hit the post and the ball bounced to White for the finish.

“I have been working on my finishing a lot and the timing of my runs” White said. “I saw it hit the post and I went for it … I was pretty much wide open … I knew it was our game.

“It’s amazing. This team is incredible and we do it for each other every day in practices and in games,” White continued. “We fight to the last minute, whether it’s to 2 to 1 or 3 to 1, whatever it is.”

The Falcons had carried the play in the first 19:01 of the two overtimes and were rewarded with White’s goal, her fifth of the season.

“For the couple of months that Kennedy has been here, we have really been working on her movement, finding the spaces to be in and finding the chances,” BG head coach Matt Fallon said. “She has really done a good job of getting herself to a place and she got a winner for us.

“We had three of four chances in the overtime to win the game,” he continued. “I think we would have been disappointed if we hadn’t won it. Obviously I am really happy to get the goal at the end.”

Bowling Green almost didn’t get the chance to go into overtime as Central Michigan took a 2-1 lead into the final minute of regulation.

However, White also had a hand in the tying goal.

Chelsee Washington on assists from White and Maureen Kennedy beat CMU goalie Zoie Reed to tie the game at 2-2 with 35 seconds remaining in the second half.

“I think this was actually the game that we expected it to be. Two really different styles of soccer, right in each others face two big forces kind of hit each other,” Fannon said. “It was clearly a spectacle and it was a good way to end it.

“Overall I don’t think we will have any complaints. We walked away with a win … and ultimately winners win.”

Nikki Cox gave BG a 1-0 lead 15:45 into the match. Mackenzie Reuber got the ball to Washington on the left side and Washington’s cross found Cox for the goal.

CMU tied the game with 25 seconds left in the first half when Alina Magkova converted a penalty kick.

The Chippewas quickly took a 2-1 lead, scoring just 2:30 into the second half. Samantha Kaye-Toral found the upper right corner for her first goal of the season.

BG goalkeeper Kathleen Duwve made four saves as the Chippewas had 14 shots. CMU’s Reed made six saves, two in the second overtime, as the Falcons got off 23 shots.

The Falcons, the defending MAC champion, have six conference games remaining, including four away games.

It was International Night for the Falcons, who have six players from foreign countries on the roster.

They are senior Monica Florez from Columbia; Kristin Tveit, a senior from Norway; Allen, a sophomore from Canada; Rudy Linton, a sophomore from England; Jasmijn Dijsselhof, a freshman from the Netherlands, and Lena Kovar, a freshman from Austria.