The privacy, confidence, and trust of individuals who visit The Sentinel Tribune websites are important to us. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that the Sentinel Tribune collects online, and the ways in which The Sentinel Tribune uses that personal information. This statement is limited to only information collected on online.
Personal information collection
The Sentinel Tribune may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
· Information about your use of the Sentinel Tribune websites.
· Information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the Sentinel Company websites.
· Information about transactions carried out over the Sentinel Company websites including the purchase of goods and services offered by the Sentinel Company.
· Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to Sentinel Company website services, including registering to receive text message and email alerts.
· Other information that you voluntarily send to the Sentinel Company websites.
Using personal information
The Sentinel Tribune may use your personal information to:
· Help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our web sites.
· Personalize the websites for you.
· Enable your access to and use of the website services.
· Publish information you voluntarily submit on the Sentinel Company websites for publication.
· Send to you products that you purchase.
· Supply to you products that you purchase.
· Send you statements and invoices.
· Collect payments from you.
· Send you marketing communications with the choice to opt-in or opt-out.
· Verify the authenticity of the information or comments you submit for publication.
Where the Sentinel Company discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, The Sentinel Company may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
The Sentinel Tribune will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Updating this statement
The Sentinel Tribune websites contain links to other websites. The Sentinel Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact the Sentinel Company
By email to KConcannon@sentinel-tribune.com
By post to Karmen Concannon, The Sentinel Company, P.O. Box 88, 300 E. Poe Rd., Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
You may “opt out” of receiving the newsletter offer you can do one of the following:
1. Go to www.sent-trib.com
2. Click on E-Newsletter
3. Click on unsubscribe
4. Submit your information
1. At the bottom of every newsletter click on unsubscribe
To stop receiving email promotions from our advertising staff please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your ad rep directly.
In addition to any personal-interests information that you provide to us, and which you can view by following the instructions in the previous paragraph, we use standard Web server log files to track the use of certain features of our pages. All accesses to our Web servers are recorded by software on our Web server platform. Your IP address, file accessed and time of access are recorded. This is done to correlate users’ interests and our services, to determine how we can improve our services and to allow us to better determine which of our services will be of value to you. Your usage on our site is not revealed to third parties.
Letters to the Editor: Letter to the Editor of the Sentinel Tribune are presumed to be intended for publication. Identifying information provided with the letter is used only for verification of the letter’s authenticity. Letter authors’ real names, cities of residence and title (where applicable) are published along with the letter. Due to the volume of letters received, we cannot guarantee either publication or a personal response to any given letter.
Advertising submissions: Personal information provided with online classified advertising submission is used only for verification and billing purposes.
Electronic mail to staff members and departments: Staff member at The Sentinel Tribune have broad discretion as to the handling of mail sent to their individual accounts. The company reserves the right to track or record such correspondence when circumstances warrant. Electronic mail sent to departments within The Sentinel Tribune is handled at the department’s discretion. We do not have a policy of sharing contents of email with any other entities. However, we reserve the right to disclose such correspondence as necessary to protect the company’s legal interests.
Special note on children’s privacy
It is a general audience Web site. Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, no Web site operator can require as a condition of participating in an activity that a child under the age of 13 disclose more information than is reasonably necessary, abides by this requirement. We encourage parents to be aware of what their children do on the Internet. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under 13 to register on sentinel-tribune.com or sent-trib.com, or to provide any other personally identifying information, or access those features that require registration.