Grandmother cited for endangering child

After a toddler was spotted running outdoors in nothing but a diaper, his grandmother has been cited for endangering children.

Shortly after 11 a.m. Thursday, the Bowling Green Police Division was alerted to a boy running in the area of the 600 block of Seventh Street. Nancy Jeffers, of Bowling Green, had located the toddler, who was barefoot and wearing only a diaper. When police arrived, it was noted the temperature was 32 degrees with snow and ice on the ground.

Jeffers kept the child in her vehicle to keep warm. When police tried to talk to the child, he could not tell them his name or where he lived.

A search for his residence commenced and at around 11:25 a.m. his grandmother, Cynthia Ferguson, 61, was located. She said she may have fallen asleep while watching the boy, who was 2 ½ years old. She said she was woken by one of the boy’s brothers to tell her he had left the apartment.

Ferguson said he also had left the apartment Wednesday; child safety door alarms on the front and rear doors were turned off.

No new information in shooting

Bowling Green police continue to investigate a weekend shooting, but are not reporting any new information.

A Fremont man is in the Wood County jail after being arrested in Cleveland Wednesday for the Sunday shooting.

James Jermaine Starks Jackson II, 23, was arrested for attempted murder after the Bowling Green Police Division issued an arrest warrant earlier in the day.

Jackson was identified as the suspect through witness statements and video surveillance.

Police could not confirm where in Cleveland Jackson was picked up or by whom.

During the course of the investigation, detectives also received information regarding a possible additional victim, however Bowling Green Police Division Lt. Dan Mancuso said there was no confirmation on that rumor.

A 21-year-old Toledo man was shot in the stomach area on Sunday around 2:18 a.m.

Officers were flagged down in the 300 block of North Main Street regarding an altercation.

Officers located a man who had a gunshot wound to the abdomen.

The victim, a 21-year old man from Toledo, was transported by ambulance to Mercy Health-St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo for treatment.

BG school board meets Tuesday

The Bowling Green Board of Education will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.

The meeting will be held at the Performing Arts Center, 540 W. Poe Road.

Holiday moves trash pickup in BG

The city of Bowling Green offices will be closed on Monday in observance of Presidents Day.

As a result, all refuse and recycling collection will be delayed by one day per the following:

• Regular Monday collection will be collected on Tuesday.

• Regular Tuesday collection will be collected on Wednesday.

• Regular Wednesday collection will be collected on Thursday.

• Regular Thursday collection will be collected on Friday.

Questions about this schedule or the city’s refuse/recycling program may be directed to the Public Works Department at 419-354-6227.

Birth

Alexandra and Russell Aldrich, a son, Feb. 11, Wood County Hospital.

Forecast

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 10. South wind 3 to 7 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. South wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. A chance of rain or freezing rain before 9 p.m., then a slight chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Extended: Mostly cloudy on Sunday, with a high near 39. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 26. A chance of showers after 1 p.m. on Monday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Showers likely at night. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Showers likely Tuesday. Cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 60%. A chance of snow showers at night. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Partly sunny Wednesday, with a high near 32.

0
0
0
0
0