Coronavirus cases increase by 43

Wood County has had 857 coronavirus cases, including confirmed and probable, according to a Thursday health department update. There were 814 on Wednesday.

Wood County remains at a level 2 state alert. Gov. Mike DeWine announces the weekly county levels on Thursdays.

There have been 58 deaths since March.

There have been 92 hospitalizations since March. This number is up one from Wednesday. The age range is 1-102 and the median age is 43. There are 392 males and 465 females.

There are 133 active cases. This is up from 114 on Wednesday.

There are 56-60 active coronavirus cases in Perrysburg. This number is updated on Wednesdays.

The Bowling Green zip code has 11-15 cases. Zip codes with one-five active cases include Custar, Cygnet, Fostoria, Grand Rapids, Jerry City, North Baltimore, Portage, Risingsun, Wayne, Weston and Wingston.

Northwood, Rossford and Walbridge each has 6-10 active cases.

Exact case numbers are not being shared to protect privacy, according to the health department.

There have been 244 long-term care cases in Wood County. This number is updated on Wednesdays. Last week there were 228.

Statewide, there are 84,862 confirmed cases and 3,177 confirmed deaths.

Vote for Best of Wood County

There are three ways to vote for the Best of Wood County, which is usually done through the Sentinel-Tribune at the Wood County Fair.

Drop off the printed ballot at the office, 1616 W .Wooster St., No. 15 (in the drop box between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday).

Go to the link https://www.sent-trib.com/bestofwoodcounty/ and vote online.

Mail ballots to Sentinel-Tribune, P.O. Box 88, Bowling Green, OH 43402.

Questions can be answered by calling 419-352-4611.

The web tile will on the website through Aug. 10 until 5 p.m.

Ballots will also be in the newspaper, starting today.

Baked steak served in Bradner

BRADNER — The American Legion will be serving a baked steak dinner at the post, 209 W. Crocker St., on Sunday.

Call in orders for pickup at 419-288-3634. Dinners may also be eaten at the post.

The cost is $8 for the baked steak, mashed potatoes, choice of gravy, green beans, roll, dessert and drink. Serving starts at 11:30 a.m.

Social distancing will be implemented. Pre-orders are appreciated.

Forecast

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. Northeast wind 3 to 7 mph.

A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 8 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

A chance of showers and thunderstorms Sunday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2 a.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 30%. A chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8 p.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. Chance of precipitation is 60%. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Tuesday. Partly sunny, with a high near 76. Chance of precipitation is 40%. A chance of showers and thunderstorms at night. Partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Wednesday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.

Thursday

Sunny, with a high near 79.

0
0
0
0
0