Bowling Green residents got free gyros as a group traveled the state on Friday offering deals including $2.38 per gallon gas.
Organized by Americans for Prosperity, Friday’s event included a rollback in the price of gas to $2.38, the price when President Joe Biden took office in January 2021.
Americans for Prosperity members were handing out 150 free gyros at South Side 6 on South Main Street — not the gas deal.
Donovan O’Neil, state director for Americans for Prosperity Ohio, said members were on the third leg of their “True Cost of Washington Tour” across Ohio.
The gyros giveaway was to “provide a little relief to folks who have been experiencing the high prices under the Biden administration,” O’Neil said.
U.S. Rep. Bob Latta, R-Bowling Green, on Friday visited a Northwest Ohio gas station, which was offering the deal, to highlight the ongoing energy crisis and the impact it is having on consumers.
“Ohioans are struggling with high prices and deserve relief,” Latta said. “While it was only for today, Americans for Prosperity brought real relief to the people of Northwest Oho and highlighted the need for policies that would bring prices back to pre-Biden levels.
“We must unleash North American Energy Production and support the right regulatory environment that will encourage investments in American energy, so that we can provide permanent relief to the American people,” Latta said.
Due to skyrocketing inflation, Americans across the country can expect to spend an extra $5,200 to maintain the same standard of living as last year, and an extra $1,433 for gasoline, the group said in a press release, AFP said.
#news #washington #inflation
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Teachers in Ohio’s largest school district give 10-day strike notice
- Perrysburg majorette adviser disciplined, appeal expected
- Cleveland man dies in turnpike crash
- Angry crowd demands action from Perrysburg board, after rape charges against juveniles are amended
- Noise complaint against BG brewery is settled
- Fired BG teacher files appeal to get job back
- Lorain woman killed in wrong-way crash in Swanton
- BG man going to prison for shooting himself; state rep, who was on ride-along with trooper, testifies
- Woman seriously injured after being struck by car in BG
- Shame on Perrysburg for handling of juvenile rape case