Local briefs

BG officer graduates from Basic Peace Officer Class

COLUMBUS — A Bowling Green Police Division officer was among the 42 officers to graduate from the 147th Basic Peace Officer Class on Friday

Vincent Caraccio received training certificates during a graduation ceremony held at the Ohio State Highway Patrol Training Academy.

The 42 graduates will assume duties as peace officers for 20 Ohio agencies.

The 21-week basic course began in August. The course was developed by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission and offers comprehensive instruction in more than 150 topics, including criminal law, traffic law, community relations, physical training, self-defense, firearms, emergency vehicle operations, standardized field sobriety testing and electronic speed measuring devices.

Kiwanians hear about FFA

The Bowling Green Kiwanis will meet on Thursday at the Wood County Senior Center, 140 S. Grove St. The public is welcome to attend. The meeting starts at noon and lunch is available starting at 11:30 AM.

This week the club welcomes speaker Katie Oestreich. Oestreich is a student at Eastwood High School and is president of the Eastwood FFA. She is also state treasurer of the Ohio FFA Association and she will be discussing her FFA experience.

The Bowling Green Kiwanis Club is dedicated to improving the lives of children in the Bowling Green community. For more information, visit www.kiwanisbg.org.

Forecast

Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.

Tonight: A slight chance of snow after 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 29. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday: Snow likely, mainly between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 37. South wind around 7 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. A chance of snow before 8 p.m. Cloudy at night, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Extended: Mostly cloudy Monday, with a high near 38. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 29. Partly sunny Tuesday, with a high near 40. A chance of snow after 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Rain and snow Wednesday. High near 39. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Rain and snow likely at night. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Cloudy Thursday, with a high near 29.