Local briefs

99 coronavirus cases reported in last week

There have been 37,338 coronavirus cases in Wood County, according to a Thursday Ohio Department of Health update.

There have been 99 cases in the last seven days.

There have been no hospitalizations in the last seven days.

There have been 386 deaths in Wood County since March 2020, according to the Ohio Department of Health. There have been 1,173 hospitalizations since March 2020.

Statewide, there are 3,259,911 confirmed cases and 40,644 confirmed deaths.

‘Journey to the Nativity’ in Luckey

LUCKEY — “Journey to Nativity” at the manger on 215 Main St. tonight from 6-8. Meet the new addition, “Dillon,” the miniature donkey.

Enjoy hot chocolate and homemade cookies while listening to the Eastwood Ensemble play Christmas music.

The Luckey Police Department toy drive will run from noon-6 p.m.

BG Board of Public Utilities meeting canceled

The Bowling Green Board of Public Utilities meeting scheduled for Monday has been canceled due to lack of official business.

The next meeting is Dec. 27 at 5 p.m. in council chambers at the City Administrative Services Building, 304 N. Church St.

Freedom Twp. meetings changed

PEMBERVILLE — The Freedom Township Board of Trustees meetings for December have changed. The first meeting of the month will be held in the township meeting room at 531 E. Front Street on Tuesday at 8 a.m., and the second meeting of the month will be held on Dec. 30 at 8 a.m.

Forecast

Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. East wind 5 to 9 mph.

Tonight: A chance of showers, mainly after 1 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. West wind 5 to 8 mph. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 31.

Extended: Partly sunny Monday, with a high near 40. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 30. Partly sunny Tuesday, with a high near 42. A chance of rain and snow showers after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy at night, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Rain and snow showers likely Wednesday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Showers likely at night. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 60%. A chance of showers Thursday. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 30%.