|New year = new projects at 577 Foundation|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Thursday, 09 January 2014 10:34|
PERRYSBURG - Children's music and art classes are being offered at the 577 Foundation at 577 E. Front St. Pre-registration is required for all classes at www.577foundation.org or (419) 874-4174.
• Partners in Fun is an art class for 3 to 4 year olds with adult. The leader is Carol Jambard-Sweet and the limit is 14 per class. Classes are Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. The fee is $5 per child.
Next week, play in the sand and make a craft. Bring a show box to the Jan. 21 program, where the focus is on fish and making an aquarium. In honor of Groundhog Day, make one on Jan. 28.
• Drawing fun with Mr. Picasso is for children in grades two through seven.
Local artist Roy Wilson, as Mr. Picasso, will help youth develop drawing and compositional skills. Explore nature and cartooning themes. Bring a No. 2 pencil, eraser and 12x18 drawing pad.
Classes are Friday and Jan. 17, 24 and 31 and Feb. 7, 14, 21 and 28, and March 7 and 14, from 3:55 to 5 p.m.
The fee is $50.
• Musical Jamboree is for 2 to 4 year olds with an adult.
The group will dance, play games, sing, listen to stories and use toy musical instruments to make music. Take home a shaker to decorate and a CD of songs. The leader is Elaine Sneider. Class limit is12.
Classes are 10 to 10:45 a.m. on Monday and Jan. 20 and 27; Feb. 3, 10 and 17, and March 3. The fee is $58 per child.
• Family pottery on Tuesday from 1 to 2:30 p.m. is for preschool and kindergarten children, with an adult. Together, build pottery from demonstrations. Work with pinch, slab or extruded clay and decorate with colored slips. The foundation will finish pieces with a clear glaze.
The leader is Connie Vasbinder. Class limit is10. The fee is $15 per youth and adult.
• Arts Adventures is for 2 to 5 year old children with an adult. It will be held Wednesday from 10 to 10:45 a.m. The fee is $10 per child.
The leaders are Carrie Chalfin and Julie Matthews.
Wednesday's theme is exploring snow through music, story and a craft. On Jan. 29, explore movement through music, story and a craft.
• Youth Pottery is for students in grades six through 12.
Students will focus on developing their creative side in many projects. The course will feature pinch, extruded, coil, slab work and development of potter's wheel skills. They will glaze their work and get an understanding of how it is fired.
The leaders are Julie Beutler and Christy Cordell. Class limit is 12.
Classes are Wednesday and Jan. 22 and 29, and Feb. 5, 12 and 19.
Oct. 30, Nov. 6, 13 and 20, and Dec. 4 and 11 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. The fee is $95.
Front Page Stories
|Pemberville searches for feral cats solution
07/28/2014 | EMILY GORDON, Sentinel Staff Writer
PEMBERVILLE - Village residents say so many feral cats are gathering in backyards and behind busines [ ... ]
|Heights festival to add hip-hop|
07/28/2014 | ALEX ASPACHER, Sentinel Staff Writer
File photo. MaryAnn Gonzalez (right) and her husband David dance Saturday evening during [ ... ]