|Legopolooza at library|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune|
|Thursday, 06 March 2014 09:34|
Families are invited to the monthly Legopalooza program at the Children's Place of the Wood County District Public Library on Sunday from 2 to 3 p.m.
The library staff will share its Lego collection along with books for creative ideas and stories.
Cinemark at the Woodland Mall has donated several free passes to "The Lego Movie," that will be raffled off at the program.
For more information, contact the Children's Place at 419-352-8253.
Toys, trains on display
The Greater Toledo Toy and Train Show is Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Student Health and Activities Center at Owens Community College.
The show features 250 dealers varying in expertise in trains and toys from all eras: plastic, tin, diecast and pop culture. Free appraisals and repair advice on site will be offered as well as original parts for sale. Many famous layouts and exhibits will be operating all day long, including:
• Must-see-to-believe operating "LEGO Big City" layout presented by the Michigan Lego Users Group (This was the holiday Lego exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum.)
• The Toledo tradition lives on with a Tiedtke's Department Store American Flyer antique operating post war "S" gauge train display,
• Rare, operating 1950 Lionel Toy Train Store Display featuring original, antique post war Lionel "O" gauge toy trains just as they used to run in store windows.
• Operating layouts from area groups in all gauges of toy trains from "N" to "G" scale and everything in between.
• A special surprise for this year: a vintage, rare, A.C. Gilbert Erector Set dealer display area featuring toys from the 1920's.
• Free rides for little ones (ages 4 and younger) on "Thomas" riding trains.
Adult admission is $6. "Early birds" are admitted at 9 a.m. for $8 each. All children ages 12 and under are admitted free (with one paid adult admission). Military, police, and fire department personnel are also admitted free with valid identification.
For more information, call (419) 215-4181.
'Art adventure' is Wednesday
PERRYSBURG - The 577 Foundation at 577 East Front St. will offer youth and family classes this month.
Pre-registration is required. Call (419) 874-4174.
Explore the alphabet through music, literature and art on Wednesday at "Arts Adventures-Alphabet." This is for ages 2-5 and an adult. The fee is $10. The class is from 10 to 10:45 a.m.
Sip tea with dolls
PERRYSBURG - An American Girl Doll Tea is Saturday at 1 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 200 W. Second St.
Bring an American Girl doll or any stuffed animal. All girls receive a free piece of doll clothing and will do a craft. Handmade doll clothes will be available for purchase. Refreshments will be served. There will also be prizes.
The cost is $10 for each girl and doll, and $5 for adults. For more information call 419-874-1911 or 419-874-3675.
Reservations are limited to 150.
Front Page Stories
|Perrysburg Twp. Man Sentenced to 22 Years for Rape
07/24/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
A Perrysburg Township man was senteced to more than 22 years in prison after being found guilty Thur [ ... ]
|Vigil set for BGSU student|
07/24/2014 | Associated Press
CLEVELAND (AP) — A vigil for a Bowling Green State University student who was found dead in Lorain [ ... ]