|Couple recognized for 30 years of service|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Friday, 27 September 2013 09:28|
Faith Temple Family Worship Center, 175 State St., Bowling Green, is recognizing "30 years of Faithful Pastoral Leadership" on Sunday of its pastors, Larry and Linda Damron. The couple will be recognized at both the 10:45 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. services, including a special celebration following the evening service.
The special guest speaker will be Dr. Richard Murphy, a close friend and nutritional speaker.
The church announced the celebration noting, it wishes to "give honor where honor is due."
According to a release from the church, Pastor Larry Damron was a ministry leader at a church in Detroit when he accepted the call in 1983. She was pregnant with Larry Jr. and remained in Detroit until their house sold.
The information from the church notes, "Our pastors are spiritually-minded people of integrity. They are hard workers who generously give of their time and money being led of the Spirit."
Last year they were honored through Rev. Marty Tharp's ministry with honorary doctorates for demonstrating excellence in ministry.
They are credited with the following highlights during their three decades of ministry at the Bowling Green house of worship:
• Tackling a successful building project that added a new wing to the church
• Teaching and demonstrating stability. The couple have been "an example of faithfulness in the midst of instability and difficult trials." They declined to move in another direction declining offers to pastor other churches throughout the years "due to being sure of the will of God."
• Teaching the value of paying tithes and giving generously to God and his work.
• A miracle faith-believing ministry where the Spirit of God is welcomed to have his way in every service.
• A ministry that helps develop the gifts and callings of many members at Faith Temple through offering opportunities to grow by being allowed to minister in word and song."
The public is invited to attend and help celebrate the 30 years of ministry of the Damrons at the church and in the community.
Front Page Stories
|Honor Flight to end trips
03/11/2014 | PETER KUEBECK, Sentinel Staff Writer
Honor Flight Northwest Ohio will be flying into the sunset.
|Weston to use tablets, save paper|
03/10/2014 | BILL RYAN, Sentinel Staff Writer
WESTON — At the March 3 meeting of the Weston Village Council there was a diff [ ... ]