|Churches worship for Thanksgiving|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Friday, 22 November 2013 09:37|
The following churches and community groups have reported Thanksgiving worship services:
The Bowling Green community service will be held at First Presbyterian Church, 126 S. Church St. on Sunday at 7 p.m. The service will have an intergenerational focus and feature a meditation by Jim Cavera, deacon at St. Aloysius Roman Catholic Church. Music will be offered by an ecumenical choir, by the attending children/youth and by the host church choir. A wide variety of churches from the Bowling Green area will take part in the program.
Because of last Sunday's weather an additional rehearsal will be held for adults prior to the service at 6 p.m. The children/youth will rehearse at 6:30 p.m. An offering for the Bowling Green Christian Food Pantry will be received, both in money and canned goods. The host church will offer refreshments following the service.
• Church of the Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 119 W. Broadway, North Baltimore, will host the North Baltimore community service at 7 p.m. Sunday. There will be Thanksgiving desserts after the service, including "lots of pumpkin things." The offering from the worship will be used toward the CCC2013 (Churches Cooperating at Christmas). Also worshippers are invited to bring peanut butter for the CCC2013.
• Cloverdale United Methodist Church and Hope Lutheran Church will hold a joint Thanksgiving service at Cloverdale, 8984 Kramer Road, Bowling Green, at 7 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Janine Dress will be preaching. Refreshments will be offered following the service.
• The Thanksgiving Eve service at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 315 S. College Dr., Bowling Green will be held on Wednesday at 7 p.m. It will feature a Thanksgiving drama.
• St. Paul Lutheran Church and Haskins Community Church will hold a joint Haskins Community service at the latter church at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Pastor Jim Paulson of the Lutheran Church will be the preacher with his sermon title, "Forgotten Invitation". There will be a joint choir anthem, "In Thanksgiving Let Us Praise Him." An offering will be collected for the Otsego Food Pantry. A reception of warm cider and pie follows the service.
• Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, Weston, will hold its service at 10 a.m. Thursday.
• First Baptist Church , Bowling Green, will hold its Thanksgiving Celebration, beginning at 5 p.m. It will feature a contemporary praise service, dinner and "Operation Christmas Child" project. Reservations should be made by calling 419-352-0417.
• Blessed John XXIII Catholic Community, 24250 Dixie Highway Perrysburg, will hold a Mass of Thanksgiving at 9 a.m. Thursday.
Front Page Stories
|BG artist creates purr-fect iPhone cover art
03/15/2014 | KAREN NADLER COTA Sentinel Lifestyles Editor
Artist Adrianne Lee in her Bowling Green apartment. (Photos: J.D. Pooley/Sentinel-Tribun [ ... ]
|Paving the way for roadwork|
03/15/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
BG resident Jack Schell (left) speaks with Bowling Green City Engineer Troy Sonner, P. [ ... ]