|Tickets available for pull|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune|
|Wednesday, 15 August 2012 08:43|
Tickets are available at the gate for the National Tractor Pulling championships this weekend at the Wood County Fairgrounds. It's the 46th annual pull.
Pulling action begins Friday with sessions at 1 and 7:30 p.m. The Saturday sessions are at noon and 6:30 p.m. The pull concludes Sunday with a noon session.
Tickets for this year's championships can also be purchased at participating Kroger stores.
Tickets purchased at the gate are: $110 for an adult all-session pass; $44 for all-day Friday; $22 for Friday evening; $44 for all-day Saturday; $22 for Saturday evening; and $22 for Sunday. Credit cards will not be accepted at the ticket gate on the day of the pull.
Children 10-and-under are admitted free with a paying adult.
Reserved seating is available and it applies to all bleachers on the north side and the covered grandstand and finish line towers on the south side. These seats are an additional $4 per seat per session.
The cost for camping units is $300, which includes two adult three-day passes.
Also in the campground area, there is an area set up for entertainment with The Nashville Crush Band playing on Friday night and Haywire on Saturday night.
The Nashville Crush Band is also playing Thursday night in the grandstand area as part of fan appreciation night from 8-midnight. The concert is free and the paddock area will be open for fans to take a look at the tractors and trucks.
The Northwestern Ohio Tractor Pullers Association has set some guidelines and standards for fans attending the National Tractor Pulling Championships.
Following are some of the policies in place.
• No glass containers of any kind are permitted inside the gates. Coolers will be checked.
• Fans/spectators are allowed to bring in one clear plastic bag no larger than 18X18X4. All bags, fanny packs, purses, etc. are subject to inspection.
• No unauthorized motorized vehicles are allowed inside the gates. This includes but not limited to ATVs, motor bikes, golf carts, scooters etc. Also, they can not be parked outside the gates at any time.
• No couches or stuffed furniture of any kind is allowed inside the gates. Fans/spectators should limit chairs in the general admission track seating to lawn chairs.
• No video equipment of any kind is allowed.
• In the event of rain, the Northwestern Ohio Tractor Pullers Board of Directors may cancel or postpone the event. In threatening or unsafe weather conditions, the NWOTPA office will be in contact with local weather advisors and keep the fans and pullers up to date as quickly as possible. If the pull is canceled or delayed, the no rain date, no refund policy may be implemented.
The tentative dates for 2013 are Aug. 16-18. There is no ticket price increase for 2013.
Front Page Stories
|BG redistricting lines blurred
05/22/2013 | MARIE THOMAS BAIRD Sentinel Education Editor
A map shows the proposed boundaries for the 2013-2014 school year.
|North Baltimore residents protest removal of 125 trees|
05/22/2013 | JORDAN CRAVENS Sentinel Staff Writer
NORTH BALTIMORE - A group of village residents are concerned their utility bills will [ ... ]