|Korth, Blackbourns have perfect day at pull (8-17-12)|
|Written by Jack Carle Sentinel Sports Editor|
|Saturday, 18 August 2012 00:25|
Korth and the Blackbourns, Terry and Josh, made it a perfect afternoon for the Chizek Pulling Team as Korth was first and third in the Light Super Stock division and the Blackbourns were first and second in the Super Stock Open division.
“I’m very pleased,” said Mike Chizek, who runs Chizek Transport, Inc. in Newton, Wis. Newton is located 50 miles south of Green Bay. Chizek Transport is a family business started by Mike’s father over 50 years ago.
“Everything so far is in good driving condition, they have all made it back to the trailer,” Chizek continued. “I believe we can go back at it one more time this weekend.”
The Blackbourns pull again in Saturday’s evening session and Korth goes on Sunday.
“I have only been here (Bowling Green) probably the last 12 years and have been in the Grand National circuit the last six years,” Chizek said. “We are finally showing some success with the Light (Super Stock). In the last three years, we have won two Grand National championships. We are trying to keep in the points lead.”
Chizek said he got into tractor pulling with his uncle about 25 years ago, starting in Super Farm class and then went to the Pro Stock class.
It was during that time he met Mark Korth, Brian’s brother, and they got into the Super Stocks. Mark Korth works with the tractor tires for the team.
Brian Korth went 320.050 in a three-way pull-off with Considered Armed & Dangerous to win the Light Super Stock and was third with Excessive Force, pulling 302.375 in the pull-off.
“It was just perfect,” Brian Korth said about Friday’s victory.
He has won the championship ring at the Bowling Green pull in each of the last two years — on Considered Armed & Dangerous in 2010 and with Excessive Force in 2011.
“Mike is just 100 percent behind the scenes doing everything he can to make my job easy,” he added.
On Friday, Terry Blackbourn pulled 314.785 in a pull-off with Extremely Armed & Dangerous in the Super Stock Open. Josh Blackbourn was second going 292.524 in the pull-off with International Threat.
Also for Team Chizek, Terry Blackbourn won the championship ring at Bowling Green in 2010 in the Open Super Stock with Extremely Armed & Dangerous.
“We have been very fortunate,” Chizek said about winning three rings at Bowling Green in a two-year span.
Both Brian Korth and Terry Blackbourn have been pulling for more than 30 years.
“Experience is everything,” Chizek said.
There were a total of 63 entries in the 2-wheel drive modified truck class with 18 going over 300 feet on their first run. Randy Petro, driving Kathy’s Komplaint, went 306.185 in the pull-off to edge Jeremy Nelson with Midnight Gambler by less than two feet. Randy Petro and Jessie Petro combined to drive four of the top seven finishers in the class.
Russ Freeze with Deere Traxx won the Super Farm Tractors with a run of 298.730 in the pull-off.
Mike Ott, the president of the Northwestern Ohio Tractor Pullers, also called it “a perfect day’’ to start the pull with good weather, good track conditions, and a good crowd for the opening session.
The winners in Friday’s evening session were: Brian Shramek, 8,000 super stocks; Doug Lively, 7,500 modifieds; Scott Walker, 2050 open modified mini tractors; Mike Campbell, 62,00 modifield four-wheel drive trucks; and Joe Hoffa, 20,000 super semis.
Pulling continues with two sessions Saturday at noon and 6:30 p.m. and concludes Sunday with six classes starting at noon.
At the Wood County Fairgrounds
8,000 OPEN SUPER STOCK
1) Terry Blackbourn, Shullsburg, Wis., full pull/314.785; 2) Josh Blackbourn, Shullsburg, Wis., full pull/292.524; 3) John Strickland, Clinton, N.C., full pull/289.819; 4) Jordan Lustik, Eighty Four, Pa., full pull/break; 5) Mark Metzger, Shelby, Ohio, 288.492.
6,200 MODIFIED 2WD TRUCKS
1) Randy Petro, Camden, Ohio, full pull/306.185; 2) Jeremy Nelson, Altamont, Ill., full pull/304.530; 3) Randy Petro, Camden, Ohio, full pull/292.214; 4) Jared Nelson, Altamont, Ill., 313.679; 5) Jessie Petro, Camden, Ohio, 311.793.
6,200 LIGHT SUPER STOCK
1) Brian Korth, Beaver Dam, Wis., full pull/320.050; 2) Rex Kuhn, Morristown, Ind., full pull/306.875; 3) Brian Korth, Beaver Dam, Wis., full pull/302.375; 4) Michael Sandefur, Edinburgh, Ind., 311.845; 5) Tim Peissig, Dorchester, Wis., 299.965.
9,300 SUPER FARM
1) Russ Freeze, Manchster, Tenn., full pull/298.730; 2) Larry Dean, Hollywood, Ala., full pull/291.710; 30 Orville Couture, Chatham, Ontario, full pull/289.065; 4) Jason VanGelder, Ocheyedan, Iowa, 301.485; 5) Julia Conny, Beloit, Ohio, 296.535.
8,000 SUPER STOCK
1) Brian Shramek, Williamsburg, Mo., full pull/299.127; 2) Esdon Lehn, Dayton, Minn., full pull/298.295; 3) David Seifert, New Washington, Ohio, full pull/257.758; 4) Mike Beck, Napoleon, Ohio, 307.879; 5) Brandon Hunt, Herndon, Ky., 305.395.
1) Doug Lively, State Center, Iowa, full pull/311,390; 2) Bret Berg, Farmington, Minn., full pull/249.000; 3) Kevin Criswell, Marion, Ohio, full pull/232.330; 4) Terry Jostock, Lapeer, Mich., 306.380; 5) Bob Jostock, Lapeer, Mich., 304.185.
2,050 OPEN MODIFIED
1) Scott Walker, Paton, Iowa, full pull/316.020; 2) Adam Bauer, Paton, Iowa, full pull/308.470; 3) Jerry Thompson, Janesville, Wis., full pull/307.445; 4) Phillip Fairbanks, Fitchburg, Mass., full pull/307.120; 5) Jason Hathaway, Washington, Pa., full pull/305.145.
4WD DRIVE TRUCKS
1) Mike Campbell, Stanley, Va., full pull/310.663; 2) Peyton Davis, Pappahannock, Va., full pull/307.148; 3) Matt Mangan, Zumbrota, Minn., full pull/302.970; 4) Mark Mangan, Zumbrota, Minn., 314.516; 5) Rob Foster, Fairgrove, Mich., 314.245.
20,000 SUPER SEMIS
1) Joe Hoffa, Shreve, Ohio, 308.775; 2) Jeremy Walker, Danville, Ill., 293.125; 3) Dale Francis, Middlefield, Ohio, 287.545; 4) Ted Ellis, Painesville, Ohio, 283.950; 5) Larry Carey, Morley, Mich., 275.455.
Noon — Modifieds; 4-Wheel Drive Trucks; Super Farm Tractors; Super Stock Diesel.
6:30 p.m. — Pro Stock; Super Stock Open; 2-Wheel Drive Trucks; Unlimited Modifieds; Super Stock Diesel 4-wheel drive trucks.
Noon — Unlimited Modifieds; Pro Stock; Super Semis; Modified Minis; Light Super Stock; Super Stock Diesel 4-wheel drive trucks.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 18 August 2012 09:20|
Front Page Stories
|BG schools to discuss redistricting
05/21/2013 | MARIE THOMAS BAIRD Sentinel Education Editor
Bowling Green School District plans to change the boundaries for its elementary school [ ... ]
|Perrysburg school forecast predicts budget surplus|
05/21/2013 | PETER KUEBECK Sentinel Staff Writer
PERRYSBURG - The school district is expected to run a budget surplus for the next four [ ... ]