Two dead after Michigan home explosion
Written by Associated Press   
Wednesday, 31 July 2013 06:10

THETFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say two people are dead and one is injured after an explosion and fire at a home in Genesee County following a report of a natural gas leak.

MLive.com reports (http://bit.ly/165JboL ) Dave and Sue Miller died after the blast, which happened Tuesday afternoon at a home in Thetford Township. Clio Area Fire Chief Gary Domerese says the homeowner was digging with a backhoe nearby and hit a gas line.

Domerese says authorities are investigating what led the gas to explode. He says the homeowner reported the leak to Consumers Energy and a technician came to the home, but the home exploded as the technician went to a truck to get tools and call for other workers.

The home about 65 miles northwest of Detroit had been undergoing renovation.


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

 

Front Page Stories

'Actors' lap up stardom
04/19/2014 | DAVID DUPONT Sentinel Arts & Entertainment Editor
article thumbnail

Margot (performed by Madison Zavitz) interacts with Bruiser (performed by Nugget). (Enoc [ ... ]


Elmwood graduate Trevor Lee shares his Yosemite experience
04/19/2014 | JORDAN CRAVENS Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

Trevor Lee has traveled to 40 states, and most recently spent 10 months at Yosemite Nati [ ... ]


Other Front Page Articles