Toddler burned in Ohio house fire dies
Written by Associated Press   
Wednesday, 03 April 2013 08:30

LORAIN, Ohio (AP) — A 4-year-old boy who was trapped inside his northeast Ohio home when it caught fire last month has died from his severe burns.

Authorities said Nasire King suffered second- and third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body in the fire March 23 in Lorain, west of Cleveland. The boy died Tuesday at a hospital.

Firefighters said the toddler was sleeping under a blanket when a 6-year-old sibling set it on fire with a cigarette lighter.

Authorities say two adults and seven children lived in the wood-frame home, which was a total loss.


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

 

Front Page Stories

Energy regs inflate electric costs
04/17/2014 | ALEX ASPACHER Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

NORTH BALTIMORE - Energy regulations stand in the way of inexpensive, reliable electri [ ... ]


Lake Twp. to try for fire levy
04/17/2014 | DEBBIE ROGERS Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

MILLBURY - To keep on schedule with replacing major fire equipment, a levy will need t [ ... ]


Other Front Page Articles