|State wraps up case in Ohio's Craigslist trial|
|Written by THOMAS J. SHEERAN, Associated Press|
|Monday, 11 March 2013 13:25|
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A prosecutor says the placing of phony Craigslist job offers proves the alleged triggerman planned the Ohio killings of three "easy prey" men desperate for work.
The state's case against 53-year-old Richard Beasley was detailed Monday afternoon in final arguments at his Akron murder trial. Prosecutor Jonathan Baumoel says there's no reasonable doubt that Beasley was the mastermind of the killings.
After the defense's final argument, the case is headed to the jury. Jurors will be sequestered at a hotel during deliberations.
Beasley, an ex-convict and one-time street preacher, could face the death penalty if convicted. Beasley said he knew nothing about the killings.
His 18-year-old co-defendant, Brogan Rafferty, was convicted and sentenced last year to life in prison without chance of parole.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Front Page Stories
|Market Square already bustling with business
07/26/2014 | MARIE THOMAS BAIRD Sentinel Education Editor
Market Square in BG along Wooster Street. (J.D. Pooley/Sentinel-Tribune) Market S [ ... ]
|Young man goes west to further his acting career|
07/26/2014 | DAVID DUPONT Arts & Entertainment Editor
Justin Betancourt (left) and Jeffrey Guion perform. (Enoch Wu/Sentinel-Tribune) J [ ... ]