|Ohio appeals $860M award to Ohio employers|
|Written by Associated Press|
|Tuesday, 16 April 2013 12:40|
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The state has appealed a judge's order granting $860 million in repayments from Ohio's insurance fund for injured workers to employers the judge says were charged excessive premiums for nearly a decade.
An Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation spokeswoman said the appeal was filed Tuesday.
It opposes the reimbursement set last month by Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge Richard McMonagle.
The money award came in a 2007 lawsuit over discounted premiums the bureau gave to companies that joined group insurance plans. The cost of the discounts was passed along to companies not participating in or kicked out of the groups. McMonagle ruled the scheme unfair in December.
Roughly 270,000 mostly small-business owners are affected.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Front Page Stories
|Pemberville leaders don’t want town to lose school
03/07/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune
PEMBERVILLE - Village Council Tuesday unanimously approved a resolution urging the Eastwood Board of [ ... ]
|Walbridge paves way for roadwork (3-7-14)|
03/07/2014 | DEBBIE ROGERS, Sentinel Staff Writer
WALBRIDGE - A Toledo company has been selected to do a major road project in the [ ... ]