Four die in Indiana from apparent carbon monoxide
Written by Associated Press   
Thursday, 17 October 2013 06:25

MERRILLVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Police in northwestern Indiana say two children and two adults have been found dead inside their home from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Merrillville Police Chief Joseph Petruch says a relative found the family members dead Wednesday evening after going to check on them. Petruch tells The Times of Munster (http://bit.ly/1cWZNWH) that the carbon monoxide came from a generator found in the home's garage.

Petruch says the rental home in the town just south of Gary didn't have electrical power. He says investigators believe the family could have died Saturday.

The Lake County coroner's office says those who died are 41-year-old Micheal Nichols, 38-year-old Kennetha Purnell, 13-year-old Matthew Nichols and 11-year-old Morgan Nichols.

___

Information from: The Times, http://www.thetimesonline.com


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

Front Page Stories

Rossford schools to put levy on fall ballot
07/22/2014 | BILL RYAN, Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

ROSSFORD - Voters in the Rossford School District will be asked to approve a new 4.49- [ ... ]


Custar man ruled not competent
07/22/2014 | PETER KUEBECK, Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

File photo. Thomas Boyer, left, is seen with his attorney. (Photo: Enoch Wu/Sentinel-Tri [ ... ]


Other Front Page Articles