Police: N.Y. pair was cooking meth, not chicken wings PDF  | Print |  E-mail
Written by Associated Press   
Thursday, 05 December 2013 11:12

AUBURN, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say two people were making meth when their central New York apartment caught fire, and not cooking a batch of chicken wings as they told police.

Police tell the Auburn Citizen (http://bit.ly/IFOO6L ) that firefighters responded to an early morning fire in May at an Auburn apartment where a 42-year-old woman and a 44-year-old man suffered severe burns from what they claimed was a grease fire.

Firefighters were suspicious and asked police to investigate. Police later found two 2-liter bottles in a wooded area near the complex with evidence of methamphetamine.

The bottles were sent to a state lab where they tested positive for illegal substances. The two suspects were charged this week with manufacturing meth after being indicted by a Cayuga County grand jury.

___

Information from: The Citizen, http://www.auburnpub.com


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

Front Page Stories

Body of BGSU student found
07/23/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
article thumbnail

A missing poster for Cory Barron, is posted on a light pole along West 6th Street in Cle [ ... ]


Chinese lanterns may have ignited fire
07/23/2014 | PETER KUEBECK, Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

File photo. A firefighter is seen near a fire engulfing a pallet yard on West Broadway S [ ... ]


Other Front Page Articles