|Upcoming W.C. Park activities|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Friday, 26 July 2013 10:09|
Upcoming programs for the Wood County Park District include:
• Honeysuckle Removal Volunteer Opportunity, Saturday, 10 a.m. until noon, Otsego Park - Help improve wildlife habitats by removing non-native honeysuckle. Dress to work outdoors and bring gloves.
• Stream Quality Monitoring Volunteer Opportunity, Saturday, 1-3 p.m., Otsego Park - Help monitor the water quality of the Maumee River. No experience necessary. Volunteers will go in the river, so dress appropriately and have proper footwear.
• Monarchs Love Milkweeds, Wednesday, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Bradner Preserve - Find out what sets these unique butterflies apart and what we can do to help the decreasing eastern populations.
• Native Nursery Nights Volunteer Opportunity, Thursday, 6-8 p.m., Reuthinger Preserve - Volunteers may be asked to plant, water, weed or collect seed at the Native Plant Nursery and Greenhouse. Dress to work outdoors.
• PiPs: Butterflies, Aug. 3, 10:30-11:15 a.m., Cedar Creeks Preserve - Preschoolers in the Parks for children 3-6 years of age. Participants will enjoy a short story and a craft. Adult companions must remain with children for this program.
• Paddle the Pond, Aug. 5, Sept. 9, 4-8 p.m., W.W. Knight Nature Preserve - If you have never canoed, this is a great way to give it a try. Canoes, paddles and life preservers are provided. Registration is not required and there is no charge. Canoeing is on a first-come, first-served basis and participants will have at least 30 minutes.
Register for programs at www.wcparks.org or call 419-353-1897.
Front Page Stories
|Rossford schools to put levy on fall ballot
07/22/2014 | BILL RYAN, Sentinel Staff Writer
ROSSFORD - Voters in the Rossford School District will be asked to approve a new 4.49- [ ... ]
|Custar man ruled not competent|
07/22/2014 | PETER KUEBECK, Sentinel Staff Writer
File photo. Thomas Boyer, left, is seen with his attorney. (Photo: Enoch Wu/Sentinel-Tri [ ... ]