|Schulte in serious condition after explosion|
|Written by PETER KUEBECK Sentinel Staff Writer|
|Thursday, 19 September 2013 11:27|
LUCKEY - One man remains in serious condition after an explosion that leveled a home on Stony Ridge Road early Tuesday.
Nicholas Schulte, 34, who was reportedly pulled from the rubble of the one-story residence, was still hospitalized at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center this morning.
Schulte's brother, Andrew Schulte, 37, died after he was taken to Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center, Toledo, following the explosion. The Lucas County Coroner's Office stated that his autopsy has been performed, but a final determination as to the cause of his death was not available.
Another body, that of a woman found by first responders in the rubble late Tuesday morning, has yet to be identified by the Wood County Coroner's Office.
A Wood County Sheriff's Office report on the incident indicates that the Schultes, as well as homeowners James Richards, 53, and Jahn Richards, 63; and Desiree Goyner, 34, the fiancee of one of the Schulte men, were present at the time of the explosion. James Richards and Goyner, who had been taken to St. Vincent's, were not listed as patients at the hospital this morning.
The explosion at the home, located at 23415 Stony Ridge Road, is being blamed on a propane gas leak in the house, and was reported about 5 a.m.
Front Page Stories
|Voters decide issues May 6
04/24/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
Voters will have the opportunity to cast their ballot in a variety of races and issues [ ... ]
|Otsego approves strategic planning|
04/24/2014 | PETER KUEBECK Sentinel Staff Writer
TONTOGANY - Community was the Otsego School Board's common theme Tuesday night.