|No one injured in Saturday fire at plant in Perrysburg|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Monday, 20 August 2012 10:51|
PERRYSBURG - Area firefighters fought an oil-ignited blaze late Saturday at a business in the city.
Perrysburg Fire Division Dep. Chief Wade Johnson said this morning that units were called to American Steel Treating, 525 W. Sixth Street, at 10:25 p.m. following a fire alarm.
Personnel arriving on scene found heavy smoke in the building and the sprinkler system going off.
Fire was found to be located in a quench oil tank within a furnace. The oil had ignited, Johnson said, apparently from mechanical causes.
Personnel from Perrysburg Township Fire were also called, as was the Air National Guard to provide special foam used in extinguishing oil fires.
The fire caused heat damage to the furnace and electrical systems in the area, but a dollar amount was not available.
Maintenance personnel in the business at the time of the fire escaped unharmed, and no injuries were reported.
Fire crews were on-scene until just before 4 a.m. Sunday.
Front Page Stories
|Plant to shut down (5-24-13)
05/24/2013 | Sentinel-Tribune
PERRYSBURG - The Diamond Crystal Brands plant in Perrysburg Township will be closing this summer, af [ ... ]
|Owens may hike tuition (5-24-13)|
05/24/2013 | MARIE THOMAS BAIRD, Sentinel Education Editor
There likely will be a tuition increase for Owens Community College students thi [ ... ]