|Local man facing child rape charges|
|Written by BILL RYAN Sentinel Staff Writer|
|Tuesday, 12 June 2012 09:24|
A Perrysburg man has been indicted with rape and unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. He was one of 25 people indicted by the June 6 session of the Wood County Grand Jury. In addition a Northwood man has been indicted with abduction and a Toledo man with promoting prostitution.
Nathaniel Adam Miller, 19, of Perrysburg has been charged with the two felony charges in regard to his conduct Sept. 1 to Oct. 31 of last year.
He was 18 at the time of the alleged offenses; while his two victims were only 12 and 13, respectively.
The rape charge is a first-degree felony; while the conduct charge is a fourth-degree offense.
Robert Benton Johnson, 37, of Northwood and also listed in Toledo, is charged with holding his female victim against her will in a bedroom on April 15.
Duane L. Hill, 25, of Toledo, was indicted with one count of promoting prostitution.
According to court records, Hill is alleged to have transported a female across state or county lines on April 12 to facilitate her engaging in sexual activity for hire.
The indictment also carried two specifications for the possible forfeiture of a 1985 Chrysler New Yorker and $338 which are both subject to forfeiture should Hill be convicted.
A Toledo man is facing three felony counts for his alleged activities on or about April 29 at a Electroprime in Rossford.
Martin Irving Hollowell, 43, of Toledo, is charged with vandalism, breaking and entering and theft. He is alleged to have destroyed a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit to remove the copper and aluminum radiators. The unit was valued at $15,000. The scrap value of the items he was alleged to be loading into a van was $1,000.
Others indicted include:
• Brandon Bortel, 21, of Bowling Green, was indicted for burglary regarding an April 15 incident, when he and another defendant are alleged to have broken into a residence and stole a television and sound bar. The resident was sleeping in the bedroom at the time.
• William J. Corrigan, 26, of Toledo, and currently listed in the Wood County jail, for theft of two televisions and a computer system on three different dates from Walmart on Fremont Pike in Perrysburg, with a total value of more than $2,000
• Michael D. Jordan, 37, and Sharda Elmore, 26, both of Cleveland, co-defendants charged with theft of a 55-inch LED television from Sears in Northwood on May 4. The TV was valued at more than $1,000
• Donald Sturgis, 51, of Clarkston, Mich., grand theft of approximately $17,500 of unspecified property or services on Sept. 9.
• Michael Acosta, 36, of Rudolph and listed in jail, for trespass in a habitation on May 1
• Zachary T. Hamilton, 30, of Curtice, tampering with evidence
• Randy A. Herman, 37, of Bowling Green and listed in jail, for violating a protection order
• A 26-year-old Weston man was charged with domestic violence regarding an April 16 incident.
Front Page Stories
|Photographer finds picture perfect career
05/18/2013 | JACK CARLE Sentinel Sports Editor
Elizabeth Lee. (Photo: J.D. Pooley/Sentinel-Tribune) A passion for photography ha [ ... ]
|Pemberville woman fights incurable disease|
05/18/2013 | PETER KUEBECK Sentinel Staff Writer
Karen Williams talks about scleroderma with her husband Charles at their home in Pemberv [ ... ]