|Local Briefs: 08-29-13|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Thursday, 29 August 2013 10:24|
Summit Street closed Friday
South Summit Street between Lincoln and Gould streets will be closed Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for tree work.
On-street parking will be prohibited in some areas but access to homes in the closure area will be maintained.
Port Authority meets Friday
The Wood County Port Authority will hold its regular meeting Friday at 7:30 p.m. at the Northwestern Water and Sewer District offices, 12560 Middleton Pike.
Bloom Township meeting moved
The Bloom Township meeting scheduled for Labor Day has been moved to 7 p.m. Sept. 3 at the township hall.
Two arrested for shoplifting
Two Chicago residents were arrested Monday on charges including shoplifting at Wal-Mart on West Gypsy Lane Road.
Alexandru Lupan, 18, and Estephany Hernandez-Arita, 24, were arrested for shoplifting and falsification and taken to the Wood County jail.
Eberly to serve on LPO committee
With a vote by the Libertarian Party of Ohio (LPO) Central Committee on Aug. 17, Nathan Eberly, chairman of the Libertarian Party of Wood County (LPWC) was elected to serve as an at-large member of the Executive Committee of the LPO.
The LPO executive committee sets the course for the party, along with the appointed Division Directors who also handle the day to day operations."
Eberly has served as the executive and Central Committee chairman of the LPWC since their founding in 2010. He is a local realtor, also dedicating time to helping local school districts as a substitute teacher. In 2011, Eberly ran as a write-in candidate for city council of Bowling Green, and in 2012 ran for state representative for District 3, both as a Libertarian candidate.
Tonight - Partly cloudy. Patchy dense fog after midnight. Humid with lows in the mid 60s.
Friday - Patchy dense fog in the morning. Partly sunny. Humid with highs in the upper 80s. Mostly cloudy overnight with a 30-percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Humid with lows in the upper 60s.
Extended forecast - Partly sunny Saturday with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Humid with highs in the mid 80s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Overnight lows around 70 with a 30-percent chance of rain. Partly sunny Sunday with a 30-percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 80s. Showers and thunderstorms likely overnight. Lows in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent. On Labor Day, party sunny with a 30-percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 70s.
Classic Lotto: 08-19-22-29-
Pick 3 Evening: 3-9-0
Pick 3 Midday: 6-0-4
Pick 4 Evening: 4-1-3-7
Pick 4 Midday: 7-9-1-3
Pick 5 Evening: 2-7-7-5-8
Pick 5 Midday: 3-8-4-2-8
Rolling Cash 5: 04-20-21-
Tontogany Council changes meeting date
TONTOGANY — The regular council meeting for the Village of Tontogany, scheduled for Monday, has been cancelled due to the Labor Day holiday.
The next regular council meeting will be Sept. 16 at 7 p.m.
High Wednesday 84
Record high (set in 1973) 97
High a year ago 80
Low Wednesday 72
Record low (set in 1986) 42
Low a year ago 60
Precipitation (in the last 24 hours) 0.22 inch
Front Page Stories
|Saving the world through rain forests
04/22/2014 | DAVID DUPONT Sentinel Staff Writer
Saving the planet may come down to helping poor women in Kenya cook supper more effici [ ... ]
|Eastwood teachers make new school pitch|
04/22/2014 | MARIE THOMAS BAIRD Sentinel Education Editor
PEMBERVILLE - Eastwood elementary teachers made their case Monday for a new K-5 school [ ... ]