|Local Briefs: 07-27-12|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Friday, 27 July 2012 09:58|
Host families sought in area
The Community International Friendship Program is looking for host families for international students attending Bowling Green State University.
BGSU welcomes almost 700 international students to campus each year.
The program matches interested students with local families for informal get-togethers, meals, family functions and outings. There is no financial or housing obligation associated with the program.
The program is flexible. Some students may only have time to meet with a family occasionally while others may enjoy more frequent contact.
A "family" could be a single person, retired couple, widow or widower or a more traditional family.
Shade structure to get review
A public review meeting concerning a shade structure proposed for the skatepark in Bowling Green City Park will be held Aug. 6 at 5 p.m. in the Scout Building at City Park.
The project will provide shade over the seating area through the use of a sail cloth and post structure.
Because the shade structure requires footings, it is considered a "structure" under the zoning code and a public meeting is required.
Details on the project can be found on the BG Parks and Recreation Facebook site. Written comments on the project may be submitted to the Parks and Recreation Department by Aug. 31.
Bairdstown meets Tuesday
BAIRDSTOWN - A special meeting of Bairdstown Village Council has been called for Tuesday at 7 p.m.
The purpose is to consider a tax levy for the village.
Tonight - Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s.
Saturday - Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s. Lows in the lower 60s.
Sunday through Wednesday - Mostly sunny Sunday. Highs in the mid 80s. Lows in the mid 60s. Partly cloudy Monday with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Lows in the upper 60s. Partly cloudy Tuesday with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Lows in the mid 60s. Partly cloudy Wednesday with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Lows in the mid 60s.
Pick 3 Evening - 4-4-9
Pick 3 Midday - 6-1-0
Pick 4 Evening - 8-7-4-3
Pick 4 Midday - 2-0-8-0
Rolling Cash 5 - 14-27-28-33-37
Ten OH Evening - 01-02-16-19-20-22-27-
Ten OH Midday - 01-03-06-13-17-21-22-
Admissions: None to report.
Discharges: Melisa Headley and daughter, Jennifer Rickersten and son, Baby girl Garcia.
High Thurssday 90
High last year 88
Record high (set in 1933) 103
Low Thursday 74
Low last year 73
Record low (set in 1913) 47
Precipitation (24 hours) 0.11-inch
Front Page Stories
|Photographer finds picture perfect career
05/18/2013 | JACK CARLE Sentinel Sports Editor
Elizabeth Lee. (Photo: J.D. Pooley/Sentinel-Tribune) A passion for photography ha [ ... ]
|Pemberville woman fights incurable disease|
05/18/2013 | PETER KUEBECK Sentinel Staff Writer
Karen Williams talks about scleroderma with her husband Charles at their home in Pemberv [ ... ]