|Local Briefs: 05-18-13|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Saturday, 18 May 2013 07:15|
Perrysburg econ meeting Monday
PERRYSBURG - City Council's Economic Development Committee will meet Monday at 5:30 p.m.
The meeting will take place in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building.
Police memorial service Tuesday
The Wood County Police Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday at noon at the Wood County Court House.
This service pays tribute to the law enforcement officers who have lost their life while on duty. This year, tribute will be given to Northwood Police Chief Thomas W Hall, who died on duty on December 31, 1981. This service is a combined effort of the Wood County Fraternal Order of Police and all law enforcement agencies from Wood County.
The public is welcome and invited to attend this memorial service.
Transit group meets Tuesday
The Bowling Green Transit Advisory Committee will meet Tuesday in the Council Chambers, third floor of the City Administrative Services Building, 304 N. Church St., at 1:30 p.m.
Agenda topics include service provider update and review of fiscal and operating reports and marketing report for the first quarter calendar year 2013.
Flag disposal ceremony set
TONTOGANY - The Tontogany American Legion will hold a "Dignified Disposal of Unserviceable Flags" ceremony after the Memorial Day Parade on May 27 at the back of the post home.
Anyone with unserviceable flags are asked to drop them off in boxes at Ace Hardware, BG Barbershop or the Sentinel-Tribune office, all in Bowling Green; Doc's in Tontogany; the Wood County Sheriff's Office; or at the American Legion hall.
Tonight - Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday - Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Lows in the lower 60s.
Extended - Partly sunny Monday with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Lows in the upper 60s. A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Tuesday. Highs in the lower 80s. Lows in the mid 60s. A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday. Highs in the upper 70s. Lows in the lower 60s. Mostly Thursday cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs around 70. Partly cloudy Friday. Highs in the upper 60s.
Mega Ball: 41
Pick 3 Evening: 2-9-8
Pick 3 Midday: 9-5-2
Pick 4 Evening: 4-0-4-7
Pick 4 Midday: 4-2-5-3
Pick 5 Evening: 6-9-6-4-9
Pick 5 Midday: 5-6-0-0-0
Rolling Cash 5: 01-03-13-30-37
Closing grain prices for the week as of Friday at Mid-Wood were:
Wheat - $6.58
Corn - $6.73
Soybeans - $14.99
New crop prices:
Wheat - $6.53
Corn - $4.80
Soybeans - $11.79
Hammer Road closure to begin
Hammer Road in Perry Township will be closed between West Millgrove and Eagleville roads starting Monday at 7 a.m.
The road will remain closed for an estimated four weeks during a bridge replacement.
Perrysburg rec meets Monday
PERRYSBURG - The Recreation Committee of City Council will meet Monday at 5 p.m.
The meeting will be held in Council Chambers in the Municipal Building.
High Friday 73
Record high (set in 1962) 95
High a year ago 67
Low Friday 49
Record low (set in 1917) 30
Low a year ago 43
Precipitation (in the last 24 hours) None
|Last Updated on Saturday, 18 May 2013 07:17|
Front Page Stories
|Pemberville leaders don’t want town to lose school
03/07/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune
PEMBERVILLE - Village Council Tuesday unanimously approved a resolution urging the Eastwood Board of [ ... ]
|Walbridge paves way for roadwork (3-7-14)|
03/07/2014 | DEBBIE ROGERS, Sentinel Staff Writer
WALBRIDGE - A Toledo company has been selected to do a major road project in the [ ... ]