Local Video News


Local Briefs: 04-09-13 PDF Print E-mail
Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff   
Tuesday, 09 April 2013 09:24
Liberty Twp. zoning meeting
Liberty Township Zoning Commission will meet Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at the township building.

Board of Health meets Thursday
The Wood County Board of Health will meet Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at the Wood County Health District boardroom.

Contra Dance set for Saturday
The Second Saturday Contra Dance will be held this weekend at the Rossford United Methodist Church, at 270 Dixie Highway, from 7 to 10:30 p.m.
Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for students of all ages.
For more information, call (419) 377-9136

'Beauty' shown at library
The Wood County District Public Library will be showing "Beauty and the Beast" on Saturday at 1 p.m. all in anticipation of the Bowling Green High School's musical production, set for April 18-21, in the Performing Arts Center.
Call the Children's Place with any questions, (419) 352-8253

Portage Twp. trustees meet
The Portage Township Trustees will hold their next regular meeting on Monday at 7:30 p.m. at the township hall at the corner of Huffman and Mermill roads.

Traffic blitz for prom season
The Wood County Sheriff's Office is conducting a traffic blitz through May 31 for the prom season.
During the blitz, which began on Monday, there will be increased patrols in which deputies will pay particular attention to violations such as driving under the influence, failure to yield, and speeding, all of which are leading factors in fatal crashes.
There will be zero tolerance for driving under the influence and seat belt violations.
The blitz is funded through a grant from the Ohio Traffic Safety Office.

Tonight - Mostly cloudy with a 50-percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 50s.
Wednesday - Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Showers likely overnight with a chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Extended forecast - Showers and thunderstorms Thursday. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 90 percent. Chance of rain overnight is 70 percent. Lows around 40s. Cloudy Friday with a 50-percent chance of showers. Cooler with highs in the mid 40s and overnight lows around 30. Chance of precipitation 30 percent overnight. On Saturday, partly cloudy with highs in the mid 40s.

Classic Lotto: 17-22-32-35-
Kicker: 6-6-3-6-9-3
Pick 3 Evening: 3-1-1
Pick 3 Midday: 2-5-3
Pick 4 Evening: 9-0-9-6
Pick 4 Midday: 6-1-9-8
Pick 5 Evening: 7-6-5-8-3
Pick 5 Midday: 4-7-6-6-9
Rolling Cash 5: 02-06-21-

Monday Mysteries to resume
After taking the winter months off, Wood County District Public Library’s popular book discussion series, Monday Mysteries returns Monday.
The group, led by Doris Ann Norris and Mary Boone, will meet on the second floor of the library at 7 p.m. to discuss “An Unsuitable Job for a Woman” by grand master of the genre, P. D. James. Light refreshments will be served, and copies of the group’s next book, “Mallory’s Oracle” by Carol O’Connell will be available to check-out.

Weather statistics
High Monday    71
Record high (set in 1991)    81
High a year ago    61
Low Monday    44
Record low (set in 1982)    10
Low a year ago    46
Precipitation (in the past 24 hours)    Trace

Front Page Stories

Body of BGSU student found
07/23/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
article thumbnail

A missing poster for Cory Barron, is posted on a light pole along West 6th Street in Cle [ ... ]

Chinese lanterns may have ignited fire
07/23/2014 | PETER KUEBECK, Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

File photo. A firefighter is seen near a fire engulfing a pallet yard on West Broadway S [ ... ]

Other Front Page Articles
Sentinel-Tribune Copyright 2010