|Lake Twp. joins northern dispatch study|
|Written by BILL RYAN Sentinel Staff Writer|
|Saturday, 06 April 2013 07:56|
MILLBURY - At Tuesday's meeting of the Lake Township Trustees, the members looked beyond its borders on two separate issues, both involving emergency services.
The board approved a resolution to enter a feasibility study of a regional northern Wood County Dispatch district. The proposed grouping would include Rossford, Northwood, Walbridge, Millbury and possibly other entities.
According to the proposal, Lake Township has received grant monies to study and possibly expand shared dispatching for emergency services. Using the grant money, the trustees thus hired RCC Consultants, Inc. of Glen Allen Va., to provide for an Emergency Communications Shared Dispatching Center study; $65,840 in grant money was approved for the study.
The other matter saw the trustees approve a resolution granting the Lake Township Fire Department to provide fire protections and emergency services, as determined by the fire chief or officer on duty, to offer assistance to any political subdivision within Ohio.
This agreement goes beyond standard mutual aid agreements and allows the department to assist as needed. The trustees recalled the welcome assistance received from other communities when the tornado struck the area in June 2010.
The trustees also approved the purchase of a four-foot tiller for $1,260. It will be used for various projects including at the parks, including the ball diamonds; installing new flower beds; for roadwork and for installing tiles.
In other matters the trustees:
• Accepted the resignation of Lieutenant Chris Alemino from the township's fire department. He retired due to an incapacitating injury.
• Approved $500 out of the general fund to be paid for an indigent funeral expense.
• Approved the purchase of a computer and monitor for $980 for the fire department for fire reports and payroll as a replacement.
• Passed a resolution of recognition of Walbridge's 100th year anniversary of incorporation.
• Announced spring brush pick-up dates for the unincorporated areas of Lake Township. May 13-17 will be the pick-up for areas west of Interstate 280; with those east of that route on May 20-24. Brush pick-up is for chippable brush only.
Front Page Stories
|Perrysburg expands laptop program
04/23/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
PERRYSBURG - Teachers and students have successfully woven individual laptops into the [ ... ]
|BG food pantry asked to leave|
04/23/2014 | BILL RYAN Sentinel Religion Editor
File photo. The Bowling Green Christian Food Pantry is seen Sunday, March 16, 2014. (Eno [ ... ]