|Indictments handed down for marijuana bust|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Saturday, 10 August 2013 06:44|
Seven men were indicted by a Wood County Grand Jury Wednesday in connection with a $4 million pot bust in July on the Ohio Turnpike in Lake Township.
Arriel Concepcion, 28, Rochester, NY; Kevin Concepcion, 20, Rochester, NY; Justin Gould, 27, Rochester, NY; Frankie Layz, 22, Rochester, NY; William Luciano Jr., 33, Rochester, NY; Jose Manzanares, 37, Houston, Texas; and Jimmy Pross Jr., 38, Charlotte, NC, were all indicted on a first-degree felony count of trafficking in marijuana, a second-degree count of possession of marijuana, a third-degree count of money laundering, and a fifth-degree count of possession of criminal tools.
Ohio State troopers reportedly stopped the men, who were driving a Subaru Outback and a motorhome with Massachusetts registration, on the turnpike for a traffic offense and located 907 pounds of marijuana - valued at $4.1 million - and nearly $14,000 in cash in the vehicles, as well as a number of cellular phones and other related devices.
Also indicted by the grand jury was Clint Hill, 32, Toledo, on charges of assault, abduction, and domestic violence. The indictment alleges Hill entered a residence where a pregnant family member was, restrained her against her will, and assaulted her on June 16.
Others indicted included:
• Jose Manuel Castro, 35, Bowling Green, felonious assault and disrupting public services.
• Rachel Combs, 27, Lima, theft, forgery.
• Andrew Dean, possession of cocaine, tampering with evidence.
• Douglas Irvin Jr., 33, Toledo, perjury.
• Marshall Kazmaier, 26, Perrysburg, forgery.
• Chelsea Kujawski, 23, Toledo, possession of cocaine.
• Jose Leal, 20, Fremont, trespass in a habitation, safecracking.
• Joe Luna Jr., 28, Lubbock, Texas, receiving stolen property.
• Jason Moore, 21, Bradner, burglary.
• Michael Olson, 36, Toledo, possession of heroin.
• Sherard Patton, 22, Toledo, obstructing official business, deception to obtain a dangerous drug.
• Darrelle Walton, 22, Detroit, Mich., receiving stolen property.
Front Page Stories
12/05/2013 | BILL RYAN Sentinel Garden Editor
Claudio Pasian, of Ohio State University, studies a plant during the poinsettia trials a [ ... ]
|ArtsX expands at BGSU|
12/05/2013 | DAVID DUPONT Sentinel Arts & Entertainment Editor
A wall projection is seen on the Wolfe Center for the Arts December 2, 2013. (Photo: Eno [ ... ]