|Board OKs work at W.W. Knight Preserve|
|Written by PETER KUEBECK Sentinel Staff Writer|
|Friday, 12 April 2013 08:44|
The W.W. Knight Nature Preserve will be getting a bit of a face-lift.
At Tuesday's Wood County Board of Park Commissioners meeting, members approved three separate projects at the preserve, located on White Road Between Perrysburg and Rossford.
Concrete work at the site, as well as painting and staining work at the Nature Center, were approved, at a cost of approximately $16,000. Also approved were driveway and parking lot sealing there, to be paid for out of ODOT Roadway Funds awarded to the park district.
In other business, the board:
• approved a motion permitting Director Neal Munger to seek bids for an air conditioning project at Otsego Park's Thompson Stone Hall, in Grand Rapids. The project has been the subject of discussion and debate among board members for a number of months, especially concerning the expected cost and the kind of air conditioning system to be installed.
• welcomed new member Bob Hawker. Hawker was appointed to the board last month after former member Frank McLaughlin was required to leave the group in February after accepting a seat on the Wood County Board of Health. A resolution of appreciation was signed for McLaughlin, who was at the meeting.
• approved a sidewalk project for a new shelter house at the Cedar Creeks Preserve. That project is to cost no more than $2,838.
• approved the purchase of a large leaf blower and two trailers.
• went into executive session to discuss land acquisition. No action was taken.
The meeting was held at the refurbished Carter Historic Farm, located on Carter Road, northeast of Bowling Green.
Front Page Stories
|BGSU could save millions
12/12/2013 | DAVID DUPONT Sentinel Staff Writer
Putting Bowling Green State University on firmer financial footing will take campus-wi [ ... ]
|Costco plan on track despite delays|
12/12/2013 | ALEX ASPACHER Sentinel Staff Writer
The proposed Costco site is southeast of the intersection of Ohio 25 and Eckel Junction [ ... ]