Local Video News

2013YearinPhotos-1

BGFD responds to smoke reports at BGSU, BG Manor PDF Print E-mail
Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff   
Thursday, 29 November 2012 11:14
Mechanical issues were the cause of two smoky incidents reported at a Bowling Green State University residence hall and a Bowling Green nursing home Wednesday.
At 5:35 a.m. Bowling Green firefighters were called to the MacDonald Residence Hall, 707 Ridge Street, after a fire alarm went off.
Students in the building were evacuated.
Upon arriving on-scene, fire personnel found no fire. However, light smoke was found in a mechanical room on the building's northeast side and a thermal imaging camera showed an overheated motor in one of the air handlers.
The room was aired out, and the issue was left in the hands of maintenance personnel just after 6 a.m.
Fire crews were additionally called to the Bowling Green Manor nursing home, 1021 W. Poe Road, at 12:52 p.m. after the report of smoke in a hallway.
Firefighters found a faint haze and a smoke odor in the hallway of the building's D-wing, but no heat or smoke were found in any of the residential rooms, and residents were isolated in their rooms for safety.
Upon investigation, a heating system was found to be the culprit after smoke was discovered coming out of a ceiling vent.
The matter was left in the hands of maintenance personnel.
Crews remained on-scene until 2:35 p.m.
 

Front Page Stories

Energy regs inflate electric costs
04/17/2014 | ALEX ASPACHER Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

NORTH BALTIMORE - Energy regulations stand in the way of inexpensive, reliable electri [ ... ]


Lake Twp. to try for fire levy
04/17/2014 | DEBBIE ROGERS Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

MILLBURY - To keep on schedule with replacing major fire equipment, a levy will need t [ ... ]


Other Front Page Articles
Sentinel-Tribune Copyright 2010