Local Video News

2013YearinPhotos-1

BG man gets four years on sex, theft charges PDF Print E-mail
Written by PETER KUEBECK/Sentinel Staff Writer   
Tuesday, 21 January 2014 12:00
A Bowling Green man will be spending four year in prison for sexual battery and grand theft.
Dustin Radcliff, 31, appeared Tuesday in the courtroom of Wood County Judge Robert C. Pollex.
Radcliff pleaded builty in October to one count of sexual battery and two counts of grand theft in a March 17, 2013, incident that occurred in Bowling Green.
He had been indicted with one count each of rape and burglary and an additional sexual battery count, but those charges were dismissed as part of a plea agreement.
Radcliff was accused of having sexual intercourse with a then-23-year-old woman after the pair met at a bar in the city. Both were reportedly intoxicated.
Radcliff was also accused of taking two handguns from the victim’s residence. He was later found on South College Avenue with the guns in his possession and subsequently arrested.
In court, Radcliff’s attorney, William Stephenson, said his client had consumed 12 beers before going to the bar, where he then imbibed 14 shots of whiskey and multiple additional beers.
Stephenson indicated that his client has problems with alcohol and marijuana but said that, aside from the current case and misdemeanor offenses, including OVIs, Radcliff’s record had no felonies. He asked for probation, and said that his client, who has two children, should be kept away from alcohol and drugs, and get his GED.
“I think Mr. Radcliff is a salvageable individual.”
Prosecuting attorney Gwen Howe-Gebers said that Radcliff “committed these offenses. He knowingly went out and became intoxicated.”
Until he gets his alcohol and drug issues under control, she said, “he is a risk to re-offend.”
Pollex sentenced Radcliff to four years on the sexual batter count, and 24 months each on the grand theft counts. The sentences are to be served concurrently, for an aggregate of four years.
He was also to register as a Tier III sex offender.
 

Front Page Stories

Rossford schools to put levy on fall ballot
07/22/2014 | BILL RYAN, Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

ROSSFORD - Voters in the Rossford School District will be asked to approve a new 4.49- [ ... ]


Custar man ruled not competent
07/22/2014 | PETER KUEBECK, Sentinel Staff Writer
article thumbnail

File photo. Thomas Boyer, left, is seen with his attorney. (Photo: Enoch Wu/Sentinel-Tri [ ... ]


Other Front Page Articles
Sentinel-Tribune Copyright 2010