|BG Council approves budget for the new year|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Saturday, 04 January 2014 09:37|
Bowling Green City Council Monday night approved the 2104 budget.
The budget was prepared by city staff and review in early December by council's finance committee, which was attended by most members of council. No changes were made to what had been discussed Dec. 12 and introduced Dec. 16.
• Approved legislation to balance fund accounts for the end of the year.
• Approved a five-year strategic plan for the Fire Division.
• Approved an ordinance moving ahead with hiring an engineering firm to design and oversee resurfacing of West Poe Road from just west of Main Street to Mitchell Road.
• Heard Fourth Ward Council Member Robert Piasecki thank council for the opportunity to serve calling the experience "helpful and eye-opening. Bowling Green is a better city because of all of you. None of you take your responsibilities lightly and you work as a team," he said. This was his last meeting as he did not win reelection in November.
• Heard Council President John Zanfardino, who represents the Second Ward, indicate that although he continues on council, he does not anticipate continuing as president. Council's first 2014 meeting is Monday.
Front Page Stories
|Perrysburg Twp. Man Sentenced to 22 Years for Rape
07/24/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
A Perrysburg Township man was senteced to more than 22 years in prison after being found guilty Thur [ ... ]
|Vigil set for BGSU student|
07/24/2014 | Associated Press
CLEVELAND (AP) — A vigil for a Bowling Green State University student who was found dead in Lorain [ ... ]