|Library book groups meet|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Saturday, 28 September 2013 08:28|
Library book groups meet
The Wood County District Public Library in Bowling Green, announces its October book group calendar:
• Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. - Read for Inspiration book group, led by Deb Born, will discuss “Waiting for Summer’s Return” by Kim Vogel Sawyer.
• Oct. 17 at 10:30 a.m. - Kristin Wetzel and the Coffee Talk book group meet to chat about “The Art Forger” by Barbara A. Shapiro.
• Oct. 21 at 7 p.m. - Monday Mysteries will investigate Jill Churchill’s “Anything Goes.” Mary Callahan Boone and Doris Ann Norris are co-leaders.
• Oct. 26 at 10:30 a.m. - Just the Facts nonfiction book group, led by Anne Render, will discuss the Community Reads selection, “Born to Run” by Christopher McDougall.
All groups are free, open to all, and meet in the Carter House behind the library.
Geist to appear at Applebutter Fest
Bowling Green author Jean Ann Geist has new appearances coming up, tied to the release earlier this month of her latest novel, “Only on the Radio.”
She will be joining other regional authors in front of Library House Books & Art at the Grand Rapids Applebutter Festival on Oct. 13.
In addition, Geist will present “Confessions of a Repeat Self-Publisher,” a talk about her addiction to writing and self-publishing with a brief reading from “Radio,” followed by an open discussion of writing and the publishing industry, at:
• The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library, tonight from 6:30-8 p.m.
• BGSU’s Jerome Library Brown Bag Lunch, Pallister Conference Room, Oct. 17 at noon.
The November calendar is taking shape with a tentative signing at the Pig On The Ridge festival in Ridgeway, S.C., on Nov. 2 and a signing at the Antwerp Branch Library on Nov. 12 at 6:30 p.m.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 October 2013 11:08|
Front Page Stories
|Energy regs inflate electric costs
04/17/2014 | ALEX ASPACHER Sentinel Staff Writer
NORTH BALTIMORE - Energy regulations stand in the way of inexpensive, reliable electri [ ... ]
|Lake Twp. to try for fire levy|
04/17/2014 | DEBBIE ROGERS Sentinel Staff Writer
MILLBURY - To keep on schedule with replacing major fire equipment, a levy will need t [ ... ]