|577 seasonal classes: Felted angel and carved snowman|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Tuesday, 26 November 2013 10:07|
PERRYSBURG - The 577 Foundation will hold a wide variety of classes for adults during December.
Pre-registration is required for all classes at www.577foundation.org or 419-874-4174.
The list of classes follows:
• Carve Folk Art or Dahl Horses - Dec. 3 from 6-8:30 p.m. This is a traditional & colorful Scandinavian wood carving subject for all skill levels and a great addition to Holiday décor. Tools will be provided. Fee: $10.
• Needle Felted Owl - Dec. 4 from 1-3:30 p.m. Use a barbed needle to felt (mesh fibers together) wool roving into wool batting to make a soft sculpture owl. All supplies provided. Leader: Margret-Ann Miller. Fee: $30.
• Festive Holiday Breads Made Easy - Dec. 5 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Learn the easy way to make Christmas stollen, baklava brioche twist, Finnish pulla, lemon braided wreath bread & more. There will be taste testing, and everyone will go home with dough ready to bake. Fee: $20.00
• Needle Felted Angel - Dec. 6 from 6-8:30 p.m. or Dec. 10 from 1-3:30 p.m. Use soft, wool roving (the state wool is in before it is spun into yarn) and a barbed needle to felt a 10- or-12-inch angel doll with ornate wings. Handmade, needle felted heads and supplies provided. Fee: $35.
• Start Your Ovens - Dec. 7 from 1:30 to 4 p.m. Homemade meat pies and cheese pies. Make simple homemade dough for holiday entertaining. Fee: $15.
• Carve a Snowman - Dec. 11 from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Carve a festive snowman from basswood blank. Accessorize snowman with a choice of hats, scarves and jackets. Tools provided. Fee: $25.
• Urban Homesteading - Dec. 11 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Natural holiday stress relief through aromatherapy and the healing arts. Take home a relaxing herbal eye pillow. Leaders: 577 Foundation, Lucas County Soil & Water and Olander Park. Fee: $10.
• Dangle Earrings - Dec. 12 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Create unique dangle earrings for gift-giving. Make four different dangle earrings from a vast selection of designs. Earrings made from a wide selection of gemstone beads, furnace glass beads and chains. No experience needed. Fee: $20.
• Garden Keepsake Note Cards - Nov. 13 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Create your own cards with dried flowers and greenery, instead of paying for mass-produced cards. Supplies, tools and handouts provided; feel free to bring your own dried flowers and greenery to use. Fee: $15.
• Saturday Pottery featuring Bowls - Dec. 14 from 9 a.m. to noon or 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Intermediate and advanced students; individual attention. Fee: $15.
• Bob Ross Painting - Northern Lights - Dec. 14 from 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Ross loved Alaska and in this painting he represented the Northern Lights blazing across a black canvas in vivid beauty. A snow-capped mountain, cabin, icy pond and stately evergreens complete the picture. All supplies furnished including 16-by-20 canvas and a snack. Hour lunch break on your own. Fee: $50.
• Silk Felting - Dec. 15 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Make a gossamer weight scarf with felted silk. The scarves weigh next to nothing, have the versatility of silk; perfect for cool summer nights and warm in winter. The colors are mostly mint with aquamarine, violet and sparkly gold accent. Bring bubble wrap, 1 yard of light colored fabric. Fee: $30.
• Stained Glass Snowflake Ornament - Dec. 10 from 6:30-9:30 p.m. or Dec. 16 from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Cut, foil and solder your ornament in one evening. No experience is necessary. Tools and supplies provided. Fee: $26.
• Stamped Cards and Paper Crafts - Dec. 17 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. De-stress, relax and create! Make six projects including treats, gift tags and packaging, gift card holders, thank you's and a quick gift giving idea easy to duplicate. Use a variety of stamping techniques; heat and dry embossing, masking, using die cuts and more; $20 fee.
• Needle Felted Sphere 101 - Dec. 19 from 1 to 3:30 p.m. An introduction to needle-felting a basic shape. Make them into beads, ornaments and Waldorf style doll heads. All supplies provided. Fee: $30.
• Yoga Nidra Integrative Relaxation- Dec. 19 from 6:30-8 p.m. Learn simple step by step meditation techniques to reverse the effects of stress and create a state of physical, mental and emotional wellness. Fee: $15.
• Winter Warmth - Dec. 20 from 1:30 to 4 p.m. Make lemon chicken baked with potatoes and onions; plus rice pilaf andfresh salad - ideal winter family dinner. Leader Azizi Abdoney. Fee: $15.
• Saturday Pottery featuring Jewelry - Dec. 21 from 9 a.m. to noon or 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Not for beginners. Fee: $15.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 November 2013 10:08|
Front Page Stories
|Lake Twp. raises stink over trash collection
04/16/2014 | DEBBIE ROGERS Sentinel Staff Writer
MILLBURY - A new trash collection company in Lake Township is off to a stinky start.
|N.B. hires full-time EMS chief|
04/16/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
NORTH BALTIMORE - The village has hired a full-time, interim EMS Chief.