|577 Foundation's May classes include woodcarving, Indian foods, pottery|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Friday, 27 April 2012 09:56|
PERRYSBURG - The 577 Foundation at 577 E. Front St. offers the following adult classes during May:
• Contemplative photography: Wednesday from 1-3 p.m., $35 fee. There will be time to photograph the grounds, write & reflect on your favorite photos & share them with the group. BRING: digital camera (point & shoot or SLR), empty memory card & knowledge of how to put your images on a computer.
• Indian Street-food Special: Wednesday from 6-8 p.m., $20 fee. Explore 4 popular recipes; Pav Bhaji (mashed mixed vegetables with buns), Hara Bhara Kabab (flavored green patties), Masala Chaas (spiced buttermilk), Gajar ka Halwa (sweet carrot pudding). Meal included.
• Awaken the Spirit with Entura Art: Wednesday from 6-9 p.m., $30 fee. With meditation and time in nature, draw what is intuitively felt using soft pastels as medium.
• Glass bracelet and earrings: May 3 from 6-8 p.m., $19 fee. Make a Mother's Day gift, your own unique glass bracelet & earring set. We will use furnace glass beads, pick from a variety of colors and styles.
• Saturday pottery, featuring "Get a handle on it": May 5 morning or afternoon, $13 fee.
• Raku pottery: May 7 from 5-7 p.m., $13 fee. Spend an evening doing raku and enjoy a potluck. Bring a dish to share.
• Creating soap from scratch: May 7 from 6:30-8:30 p.m., $25 fee. Make soap using the cold process method.
• Stained glass garden ornament: May 9, 6:30-9:30 p.m., $35 fee. No experience is necessary. Tools and materials will be provided along with many glass colors and copper stick.
• Nourishing a Healthy Brain: May 10, 6-8 p.m., $10 fee. Learn how nutrition can protect brain tissues. Sample snacks.
• Bob Ross Wildlife: May 11 from 8:45 a.m.-4:45 p.m., $50 fee. Paint a tiger the Bob Ross wildlife way. Supplies and snack provided; lunch on your own.
• No more stress, just happiness: May 12, $20 fee. An interactive workshop on living the stress-free life will empower you to reduce negative stress; resolve conflicts; repair relationships; improve communication; strengthen your immune system; balance emotions.
• Woodcarving: May 14 afternoon or evening, $20 fee. Create your own beginning level woodcarving project.
• The Writing House: May 17 from 9-11:30 a.m., $20 fee. Join the group in the cottage writing poems and short stories.
• Stamped Cards and Paper Crafts: May 17, 6:30-8:30 p.m., $20 fee. Make a variety of cards suitable for summertime using a variety of techniques; treat container complete with treats.
• Rain Garden Workshop: May 18 - 10 a.m.-noon, $10 fee. Workshop will cover site selection, plant selection, installation & maintenance.
• Saturday pottery - featuring garden art: May 19 morning or afternoon class, $13 fee.
• Easy, Homemade Whole Grain Breads: May 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Go home with dough ready to bake.
• Beginning Knitting: May 22 and 29 - 6:30-8:30 p.m., $20 fee. Learn all the basics; cast on, knit, purl, increase, decrease & cast off. Make a small project.
• Gluten-free Baking Class: May 23 afternoon or evening class, $18 fee. Learn to mix flours for chocolate chip cookie or blueberry scone, apple pies.
Pre-registration is required for all classes at www.577 foundation.org or (419) 874-4174.
Front Page Stories
|BG redistricting lines blurred
05/22/2013 | MARIE THOMAS BAIRD Sentinel Education Editor
A map shows the proposed boundaries for the 2013-2014 school year.
|North Baltimore residents protest removal of 125 trees|
05/22/2013 | JORDAN CRAVENS Sentinel Staff Writer
NORTH BALTIMORE - A group of village residents are concerned their utility bills will [ ... ]