|577 Foundation's March classes set|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Saturday, 01 March 2014 09:10|
PERRYSBURG - The 577 Foundation at 577 East Front St. will offer a variety of adult classes during the month of March.
Pre-registration is required for all classes. Call 419-874-4174.
Class offerings include:
Beginning Drawing - Tuesday from 6-9 p.m. Learn basic composition, measurement, value and form. Bring pencils (HB, 4B), sketchbook, eraser and knitting needle. Fee: $30.
Brunch Favorites - Friday from 1-4 p.m. Azizi Abdoney will demonstrate how to make Fatayir, a food staple in Middle Eastern cuisine. It is a homemade dough stuffed with meat mixed with onions, spinach mixed with tart seasoning or cheese with parsley and onions. Also, make a potato filling; a soup made with potatoes, chick peas; and Middle Eastern dumpling of cracked wheat and flour. Bring "to go" containers. Fee: $20.
Garden Keepsake Note Cards - Friday from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Learn to create your own card with dried flowers and greenery. Supplies, tools, instructions will be provided. Fee: $15.
Blackjack - March 8 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Learn different Blackjack games, both single- and multiple-deck player concepts. Leader: Steve Gagnon. Fee: $10.
Notch Up Your Garden - March 9, 2-4 p.m.; $20.Is the notion of growing potatoes, celery, strawberries, root vegetables daunting? Learn techniques to grow things you have only purchased at the grocery store or farmers market.
Strong Healthy Bones - March 10, 6-8 p.m.; $10 fee. Broken hips, dowager stoop, calcium tablets - what's the connection? It is more than milk. Sample bone-building snacks.
Quilling 2.0 - March 11 from 6-7:30 p.m.; $20 fee. Explore pom poms, assorted fringed flower methods, folded roses, alternate side looping (ASL) and bee hiving.
Stamped Cards and Papercrafts - March 13 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.; $20.Celebrate St. Patty's Day, recycle green items around the house and make them into six projects including treat container with treats; cards for Spring, get well, birthdays.
Dim Sum Cooking - March 14 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; $20 fee. Prepare Harka Seafood Noodle Soup, Crispy Taro Rolls, Chicken Vegetable Buns, Coconut Cake with Ching Leong.
Authentic Malaysian Meal with Ching Leong - $20 fee.
• Friday, March 14 from 6-8:30 p.m.. Cook Harka Seafood Noodle Soup, Green Curry Fish Filet, Pecan Chicken and Coconut Cake.
• Saturday, March 15 from 6-8:30 p.m. Cook Harka Seafood Noodle Soup, Spicy Chicken with Green Curry, Malaysian Style Asparagus Shrimp, Coconut Cake.
Carve a Ruddy Duck - March 16 from 2-4 p.m. Carve from a basswood blank: for 18 and older; all skill levels. Tools will be provided. Fee: $25.
Intermediate Drawing - March 17, 6-9 p.m.; $30 fee. Learn about using design and composition, measuring, block-in techniques, to create realistic still life and portrait art.
Needle Felted Eye Art - March 19 from 1-3:30 p.m. Make needle felted eyes that look like they have been painted on a sculpture. Fee: $30.
Soil Preparation - March 20 from 6-8 p.m. with Sister Rita Wienken. Good soil is the foundation of any successful garden. Composting is a great way to begin to garden organically. Also, use of cold frames to extend your vegetable gardening season.
• Wet Felted Flowers - March 23, 1:30-4:30 p.m. Make 3D wet felted flowers with wool and silk rovings. Fee: $40.
• Glass Bracelet and Earrings - March 24, 6-8:30 p.m.
Create a unique glass bracelet and earring set. Use lamp work and furnace glass beads; choose from a variety of colors and styles. Fee: $18.
• Urban Homesteading: Growing, Grinding Organic Grains - March 27, 6:30-8 p.m.. You don't need a farm to grow amaranth, quinoa and other healthy grains - grow it in your own garden, then grind it for cooking, or animal or bird feed. Hosted by: 577 Foundation, Lucas County Soil & Water, and Olander Park. Fee: $10.
• Needle Felted Seascape - March 28, 6-8:30 p.m. Create a seascape with mountains and a sandy beach. Embellish with beads and shells. Frame your piece or make it a pillow. Fee: $30
• Easy Savory Bread - March 31, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Make a variety of savory breads using herbs and spices from around the world. No kneading or special equipment required. Go home with dough ready to bake. Fee: $20.
Front Page Stories
|Rossford schools to put levy on fall ballot
07/22/2014 | BILL RYAN, Sentinel Staff Writer
ROSSFORD - Voters in the Rossford School District will be asked to approve a new 4.49- [ ... ]
|Custar man ruled not competent|
07/22/2014 | PETER KUEBECK, Sentinel Staff Writer
File photo. Thomas Boyer, left, is seen with his attorney. (Photo: Enoch Wu/Sentinel-Tri [ ... ]