|577 classes look at 2nd Amendment, urban chicken flock|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Saturday, 26 October 2013 08:34|
PERRYSBURG - The 577 Foundation will hold a wide variety of classes for adults during November.
Pre-registration is required for all classes at www.577foundation.org or 419-874-4174.
The list of classes follows:
• Urban Chicken Movement - Nov. 1 from 6 to 8 p.m. Raise your own backyard flock. Learn the ins and outs of raising chickens as a way to have your own fresh eggs. Leader: Sister Rita Wienken. Fee: $10.
• Saturday Pottery featuring Drinking Vessels - Nov. 2 from 9 a.m. to noon or 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Intermediate and advanced students get instructions, individual attention and demonstrations. Fee: $15.
• From Raised Beds to Row Covers - Nov. 3 from 2 to 4 p.m. Tired of pests and diseases showing up in your garden? fight back. Learn tips and techniques to tackle challenges for next season. Fee: $10.
• Quilled Snowflake - Nov. 5 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Try paper quilling, a new art form that is over 500 years old. It is the craft of arranging rolled and shaped strips of paper to make a variety of designs. Make a snowflake to use as an ornament or make into a one-of-a-kind card. All skill levels welcome. Fee: $15.
• Urban Homesteading - Nov. 14 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Vermicomposting. Many gardeners use indoors worm boxes for all their garden and kitchen wastes, if time and space don't allow for a compost pile outdoors. Start making and providing your own organic soil. Leaders: 577 Foundation, Lucas County Soil & Water and Olander Park. Fee: $10.
• Garden Keepsake Note Cards - Nov. 15 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Create your own cards with dried flowers and greenery. Supplies, tools and handouts will be provided; feel free to bring your own dried flowers and greenery to use. Fee: $15.
• Blackjack For Beginners - Nov. 16 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. This workshop will teach how to play the game of blackjack in a casino; basic strategy demonstrated; betting strategies explored. A system approach to play will be taught. The earning of casino comps will be explained in detail. Fee: $20.
• Glass Bracelet and Earrings - Nov. 18 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Use lamp work and furnace glass beads; pick from a variety of colors and styles. No experience needed, gift boxes provided; $19.
• Stamped Cards and Paper Crafts - Do a quick, easily duplicable gift for your Thanksgiving table. Make thank you cards for fall season and for Christmas. Create a snowflake gift tag. Cards will feature embossing, glitter and embellishments; $20.
• Raku Pottery - An afternoon doing raku, in time for the holidays. Enjoy a potluck - bring a dish to share. Pre-requisite: taken the adult pottery class and have 3-5 pots already bisque fired; $15.
• Bob Ross Landscape - Nov. 23 - 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Paint a scene that is part fall and winter. Bring 18-by-24 canvas. All other supplies and a snack furnished. Fee: $50.
• Reiki Master Level Certification - Nov. 23 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Continue your Reiki training with the Master's level. Participants need to have completed Reiki I & II; $35.
• The Right to Bear Arms - Nov. 24 from 2 to 4 p.m. The Second Amendment is a controversial aspect of the Constitution's Bill of Rights. Do citizens have the "individual right" to have guns or not? Learn what this amendment meant to the people of early America, how Supreme Court decisions like District of Columbia v Heller seek to alter it and what it means for Americans today. Read the Heller decision before class; $20.
• Supporting Healthy Immune System - Nov. 25 from 6 to 8 p.m. The class will watch and discuss a video on the healing qualities of Vitamin C. Fee: $10.
Front Page Stories
|Lake Twp. raises stink over trash collection
04/16/2014 | DEBBIE ROGERS Sentinel Staff Writer
MILLBURY - A new trash collection company in Lake Township is off to a stinky start.
|N.B. hires full-time EMS chief|
04/16/2014 | Sentinel-Tribune Staff
NORTH BALTIMORE - The village has hired a full-time, interim EMS Chief.