|Set the mood for spring with these lighting tips|
|Written by Sentinel-Tribune Staff|
|Thursday, 24 May 2012 09:01|
A dimly or candle-lit room creates a feeling of warmth and intimacy, while bright lights give a more alert and lively feel.
Choosing the right home lighting fixtures greatly enhances the ambiance of any room.
Award-winning Interior Designer, Marc Thee, provides tips on how to add character, transform the tone and set the mood for commonly used rooms in the home.
Five lighting tips for spring:
• Ditch the fan where you can, replace with a chandelier or pendant that adds character to the space
• Keep candles in every room to add warmth and intimacy
• Add as much natural light to a room as possible
• Replace all your bulbs with narrow spot halogen bulbs
• Buy extension cords that provide a dimmer so that you can adjust the level of illumination in a room.
Front Page Stories
|BG redistricting lines blurred
05/22/2013 | MARIE THOMAS BAIRD Sentinel Education Editor
A map shows the proposed boundaries for the 2013-2014 school year.
|North Baltimore residents protest removal of 125 trees|
05/22/2013 | JORDAN CRAVENS Sentinel Staff Writer
NORTH BALTIMORE - A group of village residents are concerned their utility bills will [ ... ]